Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Tuesday and a Visit With Nancy

I slept very well last night and only woke up once for my nightly trip to the bathroom. Of course, I read to almost 10:00PM so that may be the reason I slept so well. I have made my bed and got myself ready for the trip to visit Nancy this morning.

I will try to be there at 10:00AM and stay a couple of hours. I am taking boxed Christmas cards to her and to her friend, Mary Williams. I am giving Mary stamps too but I will just give Nancy the box of Christmas cards and tell her to get her cards ready and when I come back next Tuesday to see her, I will take them and mail them for her. I am not sure she has a list of people and their addresses to send out cards to. If she does, I will mail them off next Tuesday. If they are not ready, I will have just given her the boxed cards. You never know about Nancy. When I got there at 10:00AM last Tuesday, she was still in bed. I woke her up and told her to get dressed and she did. But she didn't brush her hair until it was time for her to go to lunch. Mary came while I was there visiting Nancy last week and stayed the entire time and visited too.

While I am in Bartlesville I will get gas. It's cheaper there then it is even in South Coffeyville.

Right now it is 6:27AM and I want to check out "the weather on the 8's" and also see if the cats are out there for their breakfast. I will get back to this later. 

We are to have rain on Wednesday and Friday and also winds..some very hard.

I won't be gone to Bunco  this week on Wednesday. I have a 3:15PM appointment with the audiologist in Bartlesville tomorrow. She will test my hearing again and give me my hearing aide that has been repaired. That cost me $350. She wants me to have another hearing aide for my left ear  but that isn't going to happen, They now cost $3,000 to $5,000 each. I bought mine from Stan Wilson and I am pretty sure he gave me his price because I think I paid about $1,600 for it...undoubtedly his cost. I paid it out at $100 a month (at no interest) for a year and since I paid off my car in less then a year, my last payment to Stan was $300. (the hearing aide payment and the two payments left from paying off the car early).  Stan has retired now and so that option is gone.

I contacted Leslie about the plan for Christmas. She is on call for Christmas and won't be able to handle Christmas dinner. I suggested we go over to Just Us in Cherryvale. Kay and Jim usually have a Christmas dinner that is by reservations only.  Leslie has to wait until Jeromy talks to Marlene to tell us whether they will be going to Topeka to Marlene's folks this year or if they would be going with us to Just Us.

I went to see Nancy about 9:45AM ad she was happy to see me. I waited until noon to leave. We had a good visit and I gave her the box of cards in hopes she has her Christmas Card list. I didn't give her stamps..I want to see if she finds the addresses of those she has always sent Christmas cards to. If she does, I told her to save the cards for me to take and mail for her next Tuesday.

I also gave Mary Williams her cards and also her stamps. Her son lives in Bartlesville and he will mail hers for her. She wrote me a check for the cards and the stamps. 

I see the e-mail is still down at Cox and they are working on it and have been all day. They took my telephone number and told me they would get back with me the first agent they have free. I get such lousy service from Cox. It's always something. Usually it's the TV with a tearing picture but this time it's the internet mail service. And this couldn't be a worse time for the e-mail to go down. 

I sent out reminders of the newsletter to those classmates that are on line but with the e-mail problem I doubt any of them received my notice.

I ate at home when I got home. I had a small frozen pizza and I put that in the microwave and cooked it and ate it.

I later called Cox Complete Care about my e-mail problem and got a woman who said the problem was my Outlook problem and they didn't work on applications. I told her I had talked to another person there earlier who told me their e-mail had been down since 12:30AM  last night. I asked her which of them...her or him, had told me the truth. 

Then I got off the phone with her and called again and got a man who told me that same thing the first man had told me. I told him the e-mail program came up with the Cox address and the user name but the password was about 20 characters long and I would never have come up with something with that many characters. So he offered to change the password to something shorter but one I could write down and therefore know what it was when asked. He did that and I printed it off with the desktop computer printer.

More later..

It's 7:25PM and they still don't have the e-mail fixed yet. It must be a major problem.

I called Kay at Just Us and made reservations for 6 for a Christmas meal. Marlene won't be coming but Jeromy (my grandson) and the girls, Cheyenne and Maia (my great grandchildren) will and of course, John, Leslie and me.

At 7:00PM I took my bath and I had finished my latest murder mystery. I will download another book on the Kindle after it is charged again and just play a game on the computer until 9:00PM or 10:00PM when I will go to bed.


2 comments:

Terra said...

I read in the current Consumer Reports Magazine that over the counter hearing aids will be available in the US in mid2022, much less expensive, and they also said Bose sells them online for $950 a pair. Something to keep in mind.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for the information. But buying a Bose hearing aide online might not match my hearing loss. And social security doesn't cover hearing aids.