Friday, December 24, 2021

Friday and A Free Day

 I slept like a log last night. Of course, I should have. After all that day, I stayed up and put away all the books and got everything back in the closets,  I watched a Christmas program while I did that. It was the story behind the song "Silent Night"..pretty interesting. I stayed up until 10:00PM and that also helped. And I didn't get to sleep until 11:00PM because of leg cramps. I finally got up and took some Hyland's Restful Legs and that worked.

I don't have a plan for today. I did what laundry I had to do early yesterday morning. The carpet layers vacuumed the carpet after they finished with each room.

So I am free to read or whatever else I want to do. I am so glad I went ahead and got everything  back to normal..whatever "normal" is.

It's 5:45AM now and I guess I will go back in the living room and watch "the weather on the 8's". Later I will check on the cats. Blondie came by last evening while I was getting everything put back but he has an owner and I figured he could go home and eat his supper. Scruff didn't make it and she is the one that is homeless and ferrel..

Both cats came for breakfast and I fed them and when they finished I took the food back in the garage and covered it.

The weather looks pretty nice except for one day when it's supposed to rain.

It's 6:46AM now and I am waiting for the CBS news to come on at 7:00AM.

So more later...

I tried to watch the CBS news but it was just "more of the same".....bad news.

So I read my latest book until the battery went down on the Kindle and I had to charge it again.  

Then I turned on the music and went into the den to go over my sermon notes.

It's 12:18PM now and I want to see if I have anything in the house to eat for lunch..

I went to Eggbert's and had fried trout and fried okra and french fries. Now I have read all afternoon and it's 4:15PM.  In a little while I will watch the CBS news.

I just started to vacuum the new carpet and the vacuum cleaner shut down and nothing I could do to fix it worked. I cleaned it up the best I could and put it away. Now I will probably have to buy another one....always something. And Leslie bought me this sweeper just about the time I moved into the apartment too. So it's just a little over two years old.

I won't be able to get another one until after Christmas now. I got everything vacuumed except the living room before it died. It's 4:48PM  now.

Leslie called me at almost 5:00PM to remind me that the Canadian on line church service, "Beyond the Walls" was broadcasting "The Messiah" this evening at 5:00PM and it was less then 5 minutes from starting. I don't know how I got the idea it was a Christmas evening broadcast but I am so glad she called me and reminded me it was a Christmas Eve service. It was phenomenal!! I am so glad she corrected my misconception. I would have hated to have missed it.  

John texted me to say if I would bring the vacuum sweeper tomorrow for our gift exchange he would take a look at it. Maybe he can figure out what is wrong with it. He is very handy with anything mechanical. I will put it  in my car in the morning. We will be meeting at their house tomorrow at 11:00AM to have our gift exchange before w go over to Cherryvale to "Just Us" for Christmas lunch at noon.

It is 4:30PM now and I will watch the news I recorded before I take my bath at 7:00PM. I will also check to see if the cats are out there for their supper.

More later...

I read until 11:00PM and then put my Kindle on a charger and went on to bed.  

3 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Well poo. Do you need to raise the adjustment on the height lever of the vacuum? Don't give up on it! 2 years isn't old enough for a vacuum. Maybe the belt just broke. Have a restful Christmas day! Linda in Kansas

Kay said...

Merry Christmas, Margie. I'm wishing you a peaceful, happy day tomorrow.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you girls and the same to bath of you!