Sunday, December 19, 2021

Sunday and Church

I have had a terribly restless night. Stephen and Dee Anna came over last evening to bring me some Christmas cookies and candies and pick up the peanut clusters I had made for them and told me about their experience with the carpet layers. It seems they laid it all wrong...putting the seams right down the middle of the living room and hall. Of course in time those seams would open up and the carpet would wear there. Stephen had it out with the carpet people and the carpet company is going to have to relay theirs correctly with new and different people to lay it.

I am concerned about my situation. During one of our moves, the silk shades on my two Rembrandt lamps were torn in the move. I ordered new silk shades from Garbe's in Tulsa and they cost me $100. each. I intend to put those silk shades in the back seat of my car to protect them and park my car in the street along the curb so they will be able to put my furniture in the garage while they lay the carpet. First, of course, I will have to blow all those leaves out of the garage.

Then I am concerned about my TV too. It has a Bose system hooked up to it for superior sound and also the Tivo recording system and DVD player. I don't know if the carpet layers will know how to put all that back together or not. I may have to have Cox out to reassemble it so I can use it. The TV is huge too.

I want to get the classmate's newsletter out before all this happens. I will need the router to use the printer and the e-mail. I send the newsletter out to those who are online by attachment to e-mail.

Wednesday afternoon I have to take everything out of my large curio cabinet as well as the smaller one and put it all on the cabinets in the kitchen. Also I have had the card table behind the sofa after I quit putting puzzles together on it..along with a chair. I will need to get that back out in the garage where I usually keep it.

Stephen told me the new carpet layers would be here Thursday morning  between 8:00AM and 9:00AM.  

I woke up at 1:00AM this morning and could never get back to sleep. Finally at 3:00AM, I just got up. Trying to sleep was futile.

After the carpet layers finally leave, I will need to put all those books back in the bookcase in the living room and all those curios back in the curio cabinets and all the things I took out of the closet floors back in the closets. And I will need to remake the bed. The thought of all that is really overwhelming. 

I have stewed about all this most of the night. When the Haleys originally told me about the new carpet, they told me the carpet layers would take care of everything...moving the furniture into the garage and putting everything back together again. Then later they came over and saw the books in the bookcase and said I would need to get those put in the den. Then Dee Anna saw the curios in the curio cabinet and said I would need to put all those things on the kitchen cabinets and empty those curio cabinets.  And I hope they can leave the Alexa on the divider between the living room and the kitchen and plugged in. Afterward, of course, I would need to put the those things back in the curio cabinet and also remake the bed. I don't know how I will put the bed skirt between the mattress and the box springs.It sounds like a lot of exhausting work to me. But I will need to do it Thursday afternoon after they leave and Friday before Christmas on Saturday. 

More later...it is 4:00AM now and too late to try to get back to sleep. I will make my bed and get myself ready for church and have some breakfast. 

It's 5:30AM now and I have had my breakfast. It's too early to check on the cats. I will wait until 6:30AM...when I usually find them there.

Both Scruff and Blondie  came for breakfast and are out there eating now and it's just before 6:00AM .I just took out the double dish. They can just learn to share it. The last time I took out the square dish, Scruff spilled it all over the grass. So since I am only feeding two cats now, I figure they can learn to share.

I took the card table and chair on out to the garage..one less thing to deal with next week. 

Then I read awhile....

Next I backed the car out of the garage and swept out the garage so that's another thing I won't have to do next week.

More later....

We had a fine Christmas dinner at church this morning and all but one person stayed for the dinner. He was here for the service though. When I got home I read awhile and then found one last e-mail with class news and since I wasn't sure if I would have internet after the carpet layers left next Thursday, I decided to go ahead and send the newsletter to the 46 who are on line as an attachment to e-mail. I will have to have 52 hard copies made for those I had addressed envelopes for. I will send them out when I can get the copies made. So far I haven't heard anything from Hillary at my daughter's office. She made my copies the last two years.

More later...I need to get something to drink. I am thirsty.

More later

No photo description available. 

My eldest son, Keith, and his lovely wife, Esther!!

I took my bath at 7:00PM and read until 9:30PM when I went on to bed!

Goodnight all!! And Merry Christmas!!!


6 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

That sounds like so much for one person to do. Is there any way your family could help you or maybe you could hire the lady and her daughters who mow your lawn to give you a hand with at least putting things back? I am just hoping you don't overwork yourself right before Christmas.

It sounds like that first carpet laying in the other side of your duplex was a total mess. Who would put a seam in the center of a carpet in a hallway? Maybe trying to use scraps of carpet for the hallway and piecing it together to cut costs on carpet footage and pocket the extra profit.

Margie's Musings said...

My family, except for John and Leslie, live far away, Susie. Keith and Esther live in Phoenix and Scott and Ginger live in Tennessee.

John has his cattle feed business and Leslie is on call this weekend..even Christmas Day. So there really isn't anyone but me.

Suemn said...

I think the young girls that help mow your lawn would be happy to help you with the remainder of moving your books and curios. Also, help with putting things back for you after the carpet has been laid.

Margie's Musings said...

I'm going t try to do it myself, Suemn. The only thing I will have trouble with is putting that bed-skirt between the box spring and the mattress.

Donna. W said...

My cats like one another, but Mama Kitty will not eat next to Blue. So she just waits for him to get done, then she eats.

Galla Creek said...

I know the new carpet will be worth all this trouble, just think about all that dirt you vacuum up.