Saturday, December 25, 2021

Saturday and Christmas Day

I slept well again last night and was up at 5:00AM, made my bed, got myself ready for the day and ate my breakfast.

We will have a different Christmas this year. Leslie is on call and cannot fix Christmas dinner so I suggested we go over to Cherryvale to Just Us for Christmas dinner. We will meet at John and Leslie's at 11:00AM to open our gifts first. They didn't need a thing and really neither did I but the little girls will be there and Christmas gift giving is primarily for children. This will be the last Christmas that Leslie will have to work. She will retire next July when she turns 65. She can hardly wait!

Now I will go watch the news and check on the cats. I am taking my broken sweeper to John and he will take a look at it. He's pretty handy with anything mechanical. He may be able to figure it out.

Something weird just happened. I was getting ready to load the vacuum sweeper in my car and just on a hunch, I plugged it in and what do you know...it worked!! It must have been overheated yesterday and shut down.This carpet is very much thicker and more plush. I wonder if that will happen every time I vacuum with this sweeper. I had done the den, which has short indoor/outdoor carpet in it, and my bedroom which has the new carpet in it and the hall which also has the new carpet in it, and was getting ready to do the living room with the new carpet in it...when it quit. But when I plugged it in  this morning, it turned itself on. So I put it away and won't take it out to John now.

And both cats were out there for the Christmas breakfast this morning so I fed them. 

I just got word that my youngest son, Scott, has covid this morning. He has been fully vaccinated and even has had the booster. But he has all the classic symptoms. He is home in bed. They had attended Ginger's son's wedding. Maybe he will have a light case.

He and my older son both have a serious blood disease... hemochromatosis, it's an inherited  blood disease...too much iron in the blood. The only treatment is to have a phlebotomy every month.

I went out to John and Leslie's at 11:00AM and we had our gift exchange. Afterward we went up to Just Us for dinner at noon. It was a nice dinner but we were the only ones there with face masks. We wore them in and took them off only to eat. 

I got up to pay the bill and Leslie beat me to Kay and paid it with John's debit card. I had intended to pay for it myself but Kay took Leslie's card instead so I just thanked the kids for dinner.

I hope I got Sage's gift in the mail in time for her to get it by Christmas. It was the only and latest one I got mailed. I usually only buy for the family who live locally except for Sage, Jeromy's older daughter. She lives in Washington State.

It's 5:00PM now and I just contacted my younger son, Scott, again. He has had a terrible day with the covid. It's the worst headache he's ever had.  And he still has fever and chills. And I believe he is all alone going through this. Ginger, his wife, and a nurse anesthetist, is working all day and night and tomorrow too. He is taking Tylenol for the headache and fever. 

So more later. He is going back to sleep.

I have taken my bath at 7:00PM and it's7:27PM now. I have been reading. I plan to go to bed sometime between 9:00PM and 10:00PM.

It has been a big day. When we got back to John and Leslie's they took me to see the two puppies. They are so cute!

 May be an image of dog 

This is bullseye. 

 May be an image of dog 

And this is bandit. Cute little guys aren't they?

That's all for today.

6 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Merry Christmas to you! I hope you have a wonderful day.

I am having a wonderful Christmas. Our family did gift opening last night. The weather was wonderful yesterday. And the highlight of the Holiday is that our son is home on leave this Christmas. It was so good to see him again. I know you understand how I feel after not seeing him for so long a time. It has made this Christmas that much happier. Plus watching our baby Grand Daughter opening her first Christmas packages was so sweet to watch. she would pinch one little piece of wrapping paper off at a time until she got them open.

Margie's Musings said...

That sounds like a wonderful Christmas alright! :)

Galla Creek said...

Merry Christmas, dear friend.

Margie's Musings said...

And Merry Christmas to you too Galla Creek!!!

DrumMajor said...

Merry Christmas! What a bummer about Scott. At least he has in-home wonderful care with his wife. Can you raise the height of your vacuum? Your fancy new carpet might be pretty thick for the vacuum. Linda in Kansas

Suemn said...

I agree... they are such cute puppies!