Thursday, December 23, 2021

Thursday and New Carpet

Today is the day I get my new carpet. Getting ready for it has been a huge job. It has taken me two days to get everything  possible in the den. Surprisingly, I slept well. I was up at 5:00 and stripped my bed and am washing the sheets, my pajamas and underwear.. I put the bedding including the bedspread on the den floor and on the day bed. It is a huge mess in here. The den is 2/3 full of stuff from the closet floors, books, and odds and ends. The kitchen cabinet tops are full of stuff from the two curio cabinets. It will take me two days to get everything back to normal...whatever that is. The carpet people are to be here at 8:00AM and it's 5:30AM right now. It has been  a huge job and it still isn't over.  Putting  everything back will be another one.

My watch quit working in the night and I am wearing the one Leslie gave me now while I try to charge the one Ginger and Scott gave me. Yesterday it was 40% charged and I didn't think it needed charging yet but I have it plugged in in the kitchen to see if that was what it was.

I will go check the weather forecast  and see if the cats are out there in about 30 minutes. 

The weather looks like it will be pretty mild for December next week. I haven't checked on the cats yet. It's probably too early for them.

No. it is 6:20AM and I checked on the cats and they were both out there so I took their food out and they are eating now. When they are finished, I will put the cat food back in the garage. Soon I will need to get my car out of the garage and park it at the curb in the street. It's only 6:30AM now and they probably won't be here until 8:00AM according to Stephen. I will sit in the car and read when they get here. 

I am now trying to charge the watch on the desktop computer before I give up on it.

More later....

It doesn't appear to be charging.  There is no sign of  a charge. I put it back on the plug in the kitchen and it still isn't charging. It didn't even vibrate when I plugged it in. When I put it on and check the phone the phone says it's disconnected. It didn't even last a month.

It was 11:15 before the carpet layers finally arrived. They didn't use the garage at al. They piled everything in the kitchen. Then they  got the bedroom done first. After they got the bedroom finished they went to the living room The stacked the sofa on it's arm and took all the end tables and coffee into the dining room by the back door.table  and moved the TV, Bose System and the Tivo by just pulling three plugs. Then they carried the entire thing,TV, Bose system and DVD player and everything else there including the curio cabinets into the kitchen and left it all there while they did the carpet in the living room.  Then they vacuumed everything. By the time they finished they brought all the furniture back and put it where I wanted it. 

All in all, I was happy with everything. I think it took the four hours altogether.

Then I started putting everything back in the curio cabinets and the end tables and remade the bed.  I put Bob's Bose system back together and tried to reset the time  By that time, I was exhausted. I still have all that stuff to put back in the closet floors and all those books to put back in the bookcase. I will  do that tomorrow. It's 4:54PM now and I haven't eaten all day. I think I will go see if Sonic is open.

More later....

I just fixed myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. That was enough. I put away everything that was in the den and got the apartment back in order. Then I read the rest of the evening. I heard from Keith.The doctor thinks he has the shingles. She is going to run some tests.He said he had been vaccinated just awhile ago.I don't see how he could get the shingles if he was vaccinated. We will see after they do the test.

I had plugged the watch into the USB port on the desktop and left it all evening. Now it is working again. I want to see if it is back on my phone now and how much it is charged.

I took my bath a couple of ours ago and since it's after 10:00PM I will go on to bed.

The phone says it is 100% charged and it is working again.I will just charge it on the desktop computer from now on.

5 comments:

Suemn said...

Wow! I can't believe it's all done. Hopefully you'll get a good sleep tonight.

pat m said...

Two shingles shots provide 90% effective.

Galla Creek said...

I have 2 shingles shots. Sure don’t want it or Covid.

Show us your carpet. I want new floor in my bedrooms. Only thing holding me back is moving everything.

Margie's Musings said...

That;s good to know, Pat!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I am so glad they got everything done without incident with your carpeting. I bet it looks really nice. I'm sorry your son is going through the shingles.

I have had shingle one time. It was from my thumb joint all of the way up my arm to the shoulder. After the sores finally went away,I had quite lot of pins and needle sensation inside of my arm all along the path where the sores were. My thumb joint where it joins the wrist was the worst. I had it when I was in my late 30's or early 40's, I can't quite remember. What I don't understand is why I can still get shingles again. Why do I have no immunity to it unless I get 2 shots. I asked my doctor, but I didn't understand what he had just said, it seemed kind of double talky to me,and I felt silly asking him to go over that with me again. I think someday I will get the vaccinations against it because it has now been a long while since I had the shingles. If I ever can stop having other health things, and covid vaccinations for long enough.