Monday, December 20, 2021

Monday and A Restful Day

I slept a lot better last night. I spent last evening sending out 46 class newsletters attached to e-mail. That helped..although I still need to find out is Hillary Arnold will duplicate my other 52 so I can send them out in envelopes. I have not heard back from her and the ones sent out last night have already had some positive comments in e-mail this morning.

I wish I could reach Hillary and I might have this done for the year. 

I got my little bit of laundry done yesterday. Today I will rest up from the busy weekend. Tomorrow I will go down to Bartlesville and visit Nancy again at Green Country Assisted Living. I will take her some peanut clusters too in a Christmas decorated can. 

I also need to go to the market or Dollar General today and get about 5 things on my list.

Wednesday is game day at the senior center and even though the carpet layers will be here early Thursday morning, I want to go to game day.  When I get home that afternoon I will empty the curio cabinets and put away the photos and stuff on my dresser. Early Thursday morning, I will strip my bed and put the comforter in the den on the daybed and put the sheets and pillowcases in the washer. I managed to get Bob's Bose DVD system out of that bookcase in the living room yesterday. I will put away other odds and ends too.

Now I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and wait  until 6:00AM or6:30AM to check on the cats. A little later, I will check on the cats.

Both cats were here at 6:05AM. That's early for them. But they didn't come for supper last evening so they were good and hungry this morning.

More later...

I read until noon or thereabouts. 

Then I finally  heard from Hillary. She checked with her supervisor and they are no longer going to be able to take outside projects like my newsletter, So I called over to the office supply place in Coffeyville and they will copy the 53 newsletters that go out in the mail....six pages each for around $50.00. I don't have a choice. This ancient printer of mine can't possibly do that and even if it could it would take several cartridges of ink. So we will just have to bite the bullet if we want a newsletter from now on.

I took the pages I had printed off over there. I will pick them up Wednesday when I get my hair done. 

I came back home and made up a footnote to the Newsletter and sent it out to those online. I will print off some pages to include with those that go out in the mail. It's 5:27PM now and I will go watch the news.

I checked and both cats were back for supper. They ate their fill and I put the cat food back in the garage. 

Back to this later...

I watched the news until I was tired of it and then read the rest of the evening. At 7:00PM, I took my bath and read again until a little after 9:00PM and then I went to bed.

Tomorrow I will go visit Nancy in Bartlesville.

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I would feel so uncomfortable leaving the house while people I don't know do work inside. One time when they were going to be doing major (the entire sewer stack, connecting pipes in kitchen, bathroom, basement) plumbing work in our house, I brought the medical supply commode we had from my first knee surgery up from the basement and put it in our bedroom for the day the plumbing was being worked on. I hated the idea of having to go to one of the fast food restaurants, buy a little something, so I wouldn't feel bad about using their restroom, and then drive back home.

I hope the carpet turns out looking real nice. Won't it be nice not to have all of the old dirt from someone else that you have had to vacuum in the past!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it will. It's very aggravating to know that I clean every week and still there is so much dirt in that carpet.

My landlord will be here checking on them and so will I. They may have questions for me so I will be around.