Friday, January 28, 2022

Friday and a Trip to Chanute

 I slept fairly well last night...did wake  up a couple of times but got back to sleep each time. I was up and made my bed and dressed and got ready for the trip to Chanute to see Gay by 5:00AM. I haven't seen her since October so hopefully we will have a good visit and catch up.

I am having my breakfast oatmeal and coffee now. It's 5:25AM and according to my desktop computer it's 28 degrees and cloudy today. We will see.

I plan to leave here about 9:00AM. If I get there a little too early I will walk around downtown and look in any stores that are open. 

In a little while I will turn on the "weather on the 8's" and later,,,at 6:30AM... I will check on the cats. Scruff didn't come for supper last night..only Blondie did. 

More later... 

According to the "weather on the 8's" forecast, we could get snow next Tuesday. That's the day I usually go to see Nancy in Bartlesville. I may have to put that off a day or two. 

It's 6:15AM now and Scruff came for breakfast but I didn't see Blondie. He may be in the house where his master lives. Another pretty black and white cat came but it wanted Scruff's food even though I took another dish of food out there. So I brought the extra dish in and when Scruff finally left I brought the double dish in too. I don't want a strange cat trying to run her off her dish.  

It's 7:25AM and Blondie finally came for his breakfast and Scruff came back for more too. That black and white cat earlier scared her off. She and Blondie get along pretty well. They are sharing the double bowl now.

It's 8:30AM  and I believe I will just start my trip now. I may take my Kindle and if I am way too early, I will just read in the car. I may stop and buy a drink along the way. And I may check out their Walmart and see if they have any Chai Latte. I still have a couple of boxes but since they are so hard to find I would buy a couple more if I can find them there.

I have finished my vacuuming of the living room. So everything but the dusting is done. I will do that when I get back home this afternoon.

 More much later...

It's 2:00PM now and I just got back home from my lunch and visit with Gay and Adele, her sister, at 11:00AM . I met them at Opie's restaurant there is Chanute and we enjoyed their buffet.  It was very nice. I did check at their Walmart  for Chai, but they didn't have any at all.

Gay and Adele came to Opie's about 11:00AM and we had a good buffet lunch. I had browsed around in some of the stores downtown but didn't buy anything.

Dean called me while we were there at the restaurant and plans to drop by here in Caney when he leaves Tulsa for his home in Topeka. I am not sure when he will be coming but I have no plans for the next couple of days so if he wants to stay and visit, that will work out fine. He may need to get back home to Rod, his son. 

Dean had been to Texas to visit relatives (the Plattner's..his aunt) and stopped at Tulsa to do some shopping. He got here at 3:00PM and he wanted me to come out to his car and was not going to stay awhile. He had wanted to pay to have the newsletter sent out last December and I told him our treasurer, John Wade, had sent me the $164.00 that was in the class's account and that was enough to take care of the newsletter expense. 

But he gave me the $100. anyhow today and  told me to go shopping with it. He will be back in the spring to check on his farm at South Coffeyville. But he wanted to get back to Topeka and Rod before dark. I could understand that. It's a 2 1/2 hours drive to Topeka from here.

It's 36 degrees and sunny now. It warmed up some today.

More later... 

When I got back home from Chanute, I got out my furniture polish and polished all the furniture. 

My older son, Keith, just called me and visited with me quite awhile. He called at 4:15PM and just hung up at 4:57PM. That's a nice long conversation. I really appreciate that.

Blondie and Scruff came by for supper. I fed them both and put away the cat food in the garage when they finished and covered it.

I went up to the corner and bought a small Butter Pecan Flurry. It's a good thing it was a small. It was very rich.

At 7:00PM I took my bath and put my pajamas on. I will read until bedtime...probably 9:00PM or so. I was up pretty early this morning and it was a very busy day too.



 

 



1 comment:

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586