Sunday, January 9, 2022

Sunday and a Terrible Cough

I woke up at 11:00PM with a terrible cough. I coughed constantly until I finally got up and took my temperature at 2:00AM. 98.6...no problem except I couldn't stop coughing when I was lying down and I was developing a sore throat from it. I had some zink lozenges so I took one and sucked on it until I stopped coughing until it was gone and then the cough resumed.  So I took another one. That worked for awhile but when I lay back down the cough resumed again. So at 3:00AM, I got up. Whatever it is can not tolerate my lying down. I looked but could not find any cough syrup. I had some dated 2017 but I lived on Catalina when I had it and it expired in 2018 so I didn't want to take it. I will throw it away. 

I have been up and at the desktop computer for 14 minutes and still no coughing. I attempted to use the laptop computer but it couldn't find the server so I rebooted it. It seems to have found it now. I don't know what the coughing is about but I have no temperature and I don't have any other symptoms so I don't know whether to plan to go to church or not. I will make that decision later this morning. The coughing when I am lying down seems to be my only symptom. 

I may try to go back to bed. If I don't get some more sleep I will be wiped out tomorrow.

Always something. More later...

I did go back to bed but about 5:00AM, I started coughing again and my throat got very sore..so I just got up and got myself ready for the day. I am exhausted but right now, I am not coughing. I will make myself a hot coffee and that may help. Oatmeal may help too. I will play it by ear about going to church. If I don't start coughing again, I may plan to go. I really don't want to miss. I don't have a temperature. I believe Johnna is the speaker this morning.

I am having my breakfast now. Maybe that will help me feel better.

I will go check "the weather on the 8's" in a few minutes. And I really need to check on the cats in a little while too.

So, more later... 

First Scruff was out there and when I took the food out, Blondie came over too. So they are both eating. I don't know where they are finding water. It freezes as soon as I put it out.It is 35 degrees out there this morning.

More later... I still want to watch the local weather forecast.....
I watched the weather and then
Leslie contacted me and said we were cancelling church again because the Montgomery County hospitals were full again. Melissa agreed. She contacted Johnna and the rest of the congregation to tell them. She suggested we all watch "Beyond the Walls"

I watched the movie "All the President's Men" this morning. It had been  awhile since I had watched it. 

Then I turned on "Beyond the Walls" to watch the church service.

It was as usual, wonderful!

Then I watched 60Minutes and read until time for my bath at 7:00PM. After that I watched the segment from last week on the Richie Boys....a group of German Jews who immigrated to America from Germany during Hitler's reign and became spies and learned to interrogate German prisoners of war and helped prepare German war criminals for prosecution at Neuranburg.. I had seen it once before but it was so fascinating, I wanted to watch it again.

I also started another puzzle. It's going to be a hard one! I am getting ready to read again until 9:00PM or so. I hope I don't have another night of coughing like last night or I may have to sleep in the recliner. I had a terrible night of sleep last night.



8 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Please consider staying home. It may just be the drier air, but the sore throat isn't a good sign. Do you have a home covid test on hand? Can someone find one and bring it to your doorstep? If you are positive, it wouldn't be good to take it to the church, or anywhere. Hope it's negative; hope you got your yearly flu shot. Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

I did stay home because our hospitals are full and we had to cancel our local service, I watched one of our services online.

I did get my annual flu shot.

Thanks for caring!!!

DrumMajor said...

Whew! It's getting scarier out there. Glad you got the flu shot. Rest and drink lots of liquids. Gargling with salt water helps the throat, but you probably knew that trick. And you're excused from vacuuming and housework, ya know! Linda in Kansas

Galla Creek said...

Hope you are better tomorrow or you may need to see a doctor.

ChuckFu said...

How are you doing today mom

Margie's Musings said...

Better all day, son. I haven't coughed as long as I am up and around. I coughed all night last night as long as I was lying down. It was a disaster!

Betty said...

Maybe it's your new carpet.

Jennifer Davison said...


can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586