Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday and Finally Vacuuming

I slept pretty well until 4:00AM and then I tossed and turned until almost 5:00AM, when I got up and made the bed, dressed .and got myself ready for the day. Anymore my sleeping seems to be just off and on much of the time. Too much on my mind, I guess. I did get my cruise control fixed yesterday and the lights on the dash are brighter again. The fuse they put in to help fix the cruse control must have fixed that too. My dash lights have been very dim for months.

I will be glad when Scott Mills can get the front of my car fixed. It may be next week sometime...when the parts come in. Last night I was concerned that he might have tried to call me about an appointment and because his number wouldn't have been in my contacts list... I might have blocked it. That's usually what I do with unfamiliar numbers. So I got up and found the sheet he gave me with his bid on it and put the number in my contact's list....just in case. Then I went back to bed for a couple of more hours.

I have finished my breakfast and am working on my coffee now.

In a little bit, I will go turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's" and see what to expect today. I hope the snow melts today. I may go out and scrape some more snow off my drive and sidewalk later...

Sometime around 6:30AM I will check and see if either of the cats are here for their breakfast. Poor things, they haven't had any food from me for a day or two. But it's been way too cold for them to be exposed to the elements. My phone says it's 10 degrees out there this morning. I have noticed the furnace has been coming on a lot this morning but I had no idea it would be 10 degrees.

The desktop computer says it's 32 degrees with rain and snow today. but that's Coffeyville's forecast.I don't know which is correct for Caney. 

More later....

Well, as usual, Cox is having trouble with their TV service and I will not have TV until they get it fixed. This  is the worst TV service around. 

I called Cox again and they are evidently doing maintenance on our cable here. Hopefully we still have the internet.

So far we still have the internet just no TV. It's 6:21AM and I still have no TV. Why on earth they would do maintenance in the middle of a snow advisory, is beyond me. Just stupidity is all it is...unless yesterday's light snow was the problem.

I'll go check to see if either of the cats are out there for breakfast now. 

Both of the cats were out there so I took their food out to them. They are sharing the double dish now,

More later.. 

They finished their meal and left and I brought the food back into the garage. 

I turned on the TV again and nothing happened...no TV. I have talked to three techs now and no one has been able to get my TV to receive a signal. They are sending a tech out today to check it out. They had maintenance last night and we were supposed to get our cable TV at  6:30AM this morning and that didn't happen.  

I am so furious. They have raised my starter package cable TV from $99.99 to $152.21 in the two years I have lived here. That is ridiculous! I have their starter package and the internet...that's all!

The Cox man came and all he had to do was reboot the Tivo to get a picture. He called it a "handshake".  They had done maintenance last night and the Tivo did not recognize their changes and the TV also could not recognize the changes. So he rebooted the Tivo and when it came up the TV was accessible too. Anytime they do maintenance I will need to reboot the Tivo and then I will be able to get TV too. I will have to use the TV's original remote to get it on until the TV comes on. I will need to remember that to keep from having to call Cox and get a service man out here to do the "handshake".

I mopped all the bare floors..the bathroom, entrance foyer and the dining room all around the edges of the rug.

I vacuumed the bedroom, hall and den. I am exhausted vacuuming that plush carpet. I cleaned up the sweeper, emptied the tank and washed up the inside of the  vacuum tank. I have the filters laid out to dry overnight. I will put them back in after they dry overnight.I will vacuum the living room plush carpet and the dining room rug tomorrow. I am just too tired now.

It's almost noon. I am thinking of driving down to Copan and having the small chef salad for lunch. I have a couple of frozen meals but they don't interest me.

I could go to the market and get some dinner from their deli, I guess. That's an alternative to driving back down to Copan.  

I went to the market and bought fish, green beans, a biscuit and fried Okra. It was good and filling too. Then I dropped by Mr. G's and bought a small butter pecan flurry for dessert. It was all very good and I am full.

It is 2:54PM now and I am charging my Kindle...again!

More even later... 

It's 4:30PM now and I have been working on this blog and reading but now I am charging the Kindle so I am playing a game on the laptop computer. 

Soon the Kindle was charged and so I took it up and began reading another book.

It's 6:53PM now and I am going to take my bath and put my pajamas on and then read some more until 9:00PM. ...my bedtime.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Hi Margie! I haven't returned to blogging just yet, but wanted to stop by. I'm sorry about my blog post going up and disappearing. I was moving things around as I scheduled posts for March and published by mistake.

I feel your pain about the rising cable costs. Ours went up too and I swear the reception/Internet is NOT as good.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

The fish, okra, and biscuit you wrote about sounded so tasty to me. Now I am starving for fried okra.

It is a shame that you have no other choices for cable/internet services where you live. Though I think the price of all of them are just going to keep going up and up.