Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Tuesday and A Trip to Visit Nancy

I had a very good night's sleep last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day and am eating my breakfast now. It is 6:08AM now. 

I am so glad I got all my business done in Coffeyville yesterday. I saw the insurance agent and went on to Independence to see Scott Mills and get the estimate on the repair on my car. 

Now later on this morning I will go down to Bartlesville to see Nancy and bring her back to Caney to see what all is going on here in new business..especially that in the Blackledge building. On our way back here, we will stop at the Copan Restaurant and have lunch. That will get her out of that small apartment and give her a chance to see more of her world then that.

It's 6:16AM now and I will go turn on the TV and watch "the weather  on the 8's" and check on the cats. Then I will come back here and continue the blog.

I see the desktop computer says it's 52 degrees out there and clear. I hope for a nice day today.

I missed "the weather on the 8's" but both cats came for breakfast. Blondie ate and left. He probably ate at home first but Scruff is still out there eating. I think I am her only source of food.  I will try to get the weather forecast at 6:38AM next. That's five minutes from now. I will be back to this after that.

I finally caught the weather and it is supposed to be 67 degrees today. It doesn't start getting cold again until Thursday  when it's supposed to be 33 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be 67 also. After Thursday it will begin warming up again. Friday is to be 49 degrees and 58 on Saturday. Sunday is supposed to be 65 and Monday 72. We will see. This is Kansas and anything can happen.

It's after 9:00AM now and in a bit I will leave for Bartlesville and to see Nancy.

More even later.... 

I got down to see Nancy  at 10:00AM and she was all ready to go to Caney to see what they had done with the Blackledge building. When we got to Caney, we went in a couple of the stores and that gave her a chance to look around. I bought her one of their cookies while we were there.

On the way back to Bartlesville, we stopped at the Copan Restaurant and had lunch...chicken with cottage cheese and peaches. It was fine. Next week we plan to eat at Mazzio's Pizza in Bartlesville. As we were eating I realized I no longer had my hearing aid in my ear. I figured I had lost it when I took the face mask off. I looked in the car but did not see it. We went back to Bartlesville and then I looked in Nancy's apartment too but it wasn't there. When I got out to the parking lot, I looked there too.I didn't see it.I asked the woman at the front desk in the assisted living home if anyone had turned it in and she said no one did. I was pretty heartsick over it since I knew I couldn't afford another one.

When I got home I looked in the car again. I figured it came off when I pulled that face mask off but it wasn't there. Then I looked in my purse...and what do you know! There it was!! Amazing! I couldn't figure out how it got in my purse or even how come it was in there. My face mask wasn't!

Oh well.. at least it all worked out!

When I got back home I went to Sonic to get a cherry limeade slush. I was eating the cookie Nancy insisted I have and thought a cherry limeade slush would be good with the cookie. It was...

More later...

I read until time for the CBS evening news. I have gone back to reading because that is over now.  It is 6:02PM. I checked out the cats and so far neither of them are out there.

At 7:00PM I will take my bath and read until bedtime at 9:00PM.

I intend to go to my hair appointment tomorrow morning and read until 1:00PM when I will play Bunco at the senior center until 3:00PM. Then after that I plan to go visit Marilyn before I come back home.

Thursday I am to get the cruise control fixed on my car. The parts are in. I will go up to the garage at 8:00AM and Sherry, the receptionist, will bring me home while they work on my car.

I don't know exactly how long it will take for Scott Mills to get the parts to repair the front driver's side of my car. He said he would call me when the parts came in and he gets the bumper painted and set up an appointment to work on it.

It's 7:26PM now and I have just had my bath. I will read now until time to go to bed at 9:00PM.

 


2 comments:

Dianne said...

Such a relief to find something like that. I found my earring in the same way this week.Of course it wasn't worth quite the same, but still happy to find it!

DrumMajor said...

Whew! Glad you found your hearing aid! It's nerve-wracking. Be very careful when taking off your mask because so many aids are small and light as air these days. I have a tiny 1-inch chain on mine with lobster claw clasps. I can clip it to my glasses temple piece. I just have to remember not to remove my glasses too fast at the end of the day! Linda in Kansas