Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sunday and Church

I had a restless sort of night. I woke up several times in the night but managed to get back to sleep all right. I don't know what the problem was...once at least, I had to turn up the furnace. I also had a lot of drainage. That kept waking me up too. Finally about 4:45AM, I just got up and made the bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I don't know what exactly the problem was.

I am having my breakfast now here in the den. I only had a banana for supper so I am hungry. The desktop computer says it is 34 degrees out there and cloudy this morning. It is 5:38AM but I evidently had plenty of sleep although restless. 

In a few minutes I will go turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's" and in about 45 minutes, I will check on the cats. It's usually about 6:30AM when I find them out there waiting for their breakfast.

More later...

Well, they haven't shown "the weather on the 8's" yet...just a lot of talk about everything else. I will try to watch it again in about 5 minutes. And I have checked for the cats twice but neither of them are out there. I can't say I blame the if it's 32 degrees out there now.

I finally saw the weather channel give the weather for the week. It's 46 today suppose to get up to 46 today and into the 60's the next three days.Obviously, it's Kansas. If you don't like the weather, wait a minute. (or a day or two).

Also, I opened the door after I saw the weather and Scruff was waiting there for her breakfast. No sign of Blondie yet. He may be in the house at his master's home. 

I was wrong, Blondie is out there now eating with Scruff. He must have come after I came in to the computer.

They are both gone and I brought the cat food back into the garage,

It's 8:50AM now and I have been watching the news. Now I will read for awhile and not leave for church until 10:00AM. It is 33 degrees now. I will definitely wear a coat today.

 More even later...

I left for Coffeyville about 10:00AM because I wanted to top at the bank in Coffeyville and also wanted to stop at their Dollar General Store to get another contact holder. Our Dollar General here in Caney hasn't had any for some time.

My left eye, which now has 20/30 vision in it has been a dry eye and my contact is not seating in it well because of the wind. I wanted to take it out. I see well with that left eye since Roger Birch put a strong contact in it some years ago and it finally started working after all these years.  I had had ambiopia in it all my life but Roger thought if he put a very strong contact in it, he could get it to work. That worked beautifully and for the first time in my life I had 20/30 vision in it.,,,and depth perception vision as well.

The church service was very good this morning. Karan always does a good job.

Afterward I went to dinner with Rick and Carmen after church and we went to "Just Us" in Cherryvale. As we were leaving and I was pulling out of the parking lot there another car from the street was pulling into the parking lot. I put on my brakes when I started to hit her and because she continued to come toward the parking lot, I ended up broadsiding her driver's side door. We exchanged all our insurance information and Carmen had called the police woman there in Cherryvale to come investigate the accident and also called Leslie to come get me and take me home. My grandson, Jeromy, came to bring Leslie, my daughter, to Cherryvale. After the policewoman came and made out a report,  by then Leslie arrived with Jeromy and they made sure my tire was not dragging against the dent and I could drive it home. Leslie wanted to drive me clear home but I couldn't see any point in that so I took her on to her home and drove myself from their house to Caney to my apartment.

Tomorrow, I will call the insurance agent, Lacey, at Shelter Insurance, and then go over to Coffeyville to see her. After that I will need to see Scott Mills in Independence to get an estimate on the damage. 

I got home just fine. My only problem is that I had cancelled my collision insurance when the car was over 14 years old, so I will be responsible for the cost of my own repair. 

Enough excitement for today...

I will read for awhile since it's only 3:37PM now. At 6:00PM I will watch the worship service from Springfield, take my bath at 7:00PM and and get ready for bed at 9:00PM. It is 45 degrees now at 3:44PM and the sun is shining brightly.

I watched what I could  of the  Worship Service for the South Central States Mission Center on Facebook. The man on Zoom did not know how to get it on Zoom so I missed most of the service. Then I went back to the Superbowl game. Their halftime festivities were Hip Hop. I do not like hip hop. To me it's not music at all. It's just noise and foolishness. I took my bath and got ready for bed and then I came in here to blog while that's going on. I will get back to the game now.

It was a great close game but the LA Rams won right at the last moment. I was rooting for them. It had been forever since they had won a Super Bowl.

It's been a big day with my wreck and all. Now I will go to bed. It is  9:17PM

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So sorry about your misfortune.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too....but accidents happen.

Suemn said...

I'm sorry to hear about the car accident Margie. The good thing is that no one was injured. I hope the repair to your car isn't too expensive.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Suamn! I don't have a lot of money. I will just play it by ear.

Donna. W said...

I was rooting for the Rams too. I hope the work on your car isn't too costly.