Monday, February 14, 2022

Monday and a Mess

I got about three hours sleep last night for concern over yesterday's wreck. Finally I took some melatonin and got to sleep about two o'clock. I slept until 5:00AM as usual. I got up and dressed and am having my breakfast now. It's 6:30AM. I feel wiped out but I will have to call Lacey at Shelter Insurance in Coffeyville before I go over there to see about the coverage for the wreck. 

I know I have no collision because my car is fourteen years old and collision is too expensive to keep on an old car like mine. Leslie had been a manager for Prudential for years and she had told me I should cancel collision and I did that a couple of years ago. I have comprehensive and liability. 

While I was in Coffeyville I went to the bank and also went out to South Coffeyville and bought gas.

I will have to see Scott Mills at Quality Motors in Independence to see what I will have to come up with the fix my own car. The other driver was driving a rental car but her own insurance will cover that. My car is able to be driven and the lights and turn signal still work on that side too and the tire on that side does not even rub against the body.

But what a mess!

I will go check the "weather on the 8's" and the cats. It's 7:22AM now and they may have given up on me. I usually check on them by 6:30AM.

Only Scruff was there and I fed her. When she was finished I took the cat food to the garage.

My son, Scott. called me after seeing about the wreck on my blog. Then later, Jerod, my grandson, called me too and talked to me quite a bit. He said he would like to call me weekly to visit and he was so glad I like Ruby, the woman he is marrying. I met her Thanksgiving at Scott and Ginger's home. She seems very nice and Jerod said she was a great influence on him and he loved her a lot. The feeling was mutual.

At 10:00AM or so, I went to Coffeyville to talk to Lacey about my insurance. Neither of us was given a ticket so I imagine Evelyn's insurance will take care of her damage and I have no collision insurance so I will pay for my repair out of my savings.

I went up to Independence after I gave Lacey all the particulars of  the wreck. I saw Scott Mills and he gave me an estimate of my repair. It is $1,031.07 or about half my savings. Still it was a little less then my new crown cost me. That was over $1.300. 

For lunch, I stopped at Big Cheese and had a personal pan pizza and a root beer.  Then I went out to Dairy Queen and got a medium blizzard. That all made my day too.

More later.. 

I have been reading again.I downloaded another book this morning.. I read for a couple of hours. Then watched the last of the CBS evening news .Then I sent off Cheyenne's birthday card and 10 dollars. Maia's birthday is in March and I will send her a birthday card and 12 dollars.

My older son, Keith, called me this afternoon to tell me he is being sent to Poland on Wednesday. He is an IT for the Department of Defense.  We had a nice visit.

Tomorrow, I will go see Nancy and we plan to eat lunch at the Copan Restaurant and then come on to Caney so she can see what they are doing with the Blackledge building.  They are dividing that big building into six separate stores. Then after we look around a bit, I will take her back to Bartlesville to the assisted living. I will come on back home after that.

I plan to attend Bunco on Wednesday and try to visit Marilyn while I am back in Coffeyville too.

It's 6:29PM now and at 7:00PM, I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and read some more until 9:00PM. No more sleep then I got last night I may go to bed even earlier.

 

5 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I'm sorry to read that this happened. Thankfully, no one was injured. I hope that your car repairs will not be too expensive.

Take care.

Suemn said...

I know what you mean about it being hard to sleep when thoughts of the car accident kept running through your mind. I'm glad you got a little sleep anyway and today you'll get it all straightened out with the insurance and repairs to your vehicle. Then you can get a good night's rest tonight:)

Margie's Musings said...

You're right. Suemn. I do feel better after I got everything worked out with Scott Mills and the insurance company.

And thank you Susie!

Suemn said...

You certainly deserved your lunch out and the Dairy Queen blizzard! Good job on getting everything taken care of today.

Galla Creek said...

I think it’s good your car is repairable. If it were totaled, you would have gotten very little and had to deal with buying something new. Cars are sky high now because of inflation and the short supply. Also, you are used to driving this car. It’s better to keep doing what we are used to. I can help you if you need me to, Margie. We’ve known each other a long time and I’d help you if you feel it would be better. Your friend ….