Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Wednesday and Bunco

I was up an hour earlier this morning because of the wind. I kept hearing it blowing. At first I thought it was raining but I got up and checked and it was just wind. I am eating my breakfast now and drinking my coffee and getting this blog started. I have my hair appointment at 9:00AM this morning and then I will read until time for Bunco at 1:00PM. 

Tomorrow I take my car into Josh's to have the cruise control repaired. Sherry will bring me home while they do that. I am lost without cruise control. I always use it.  That repair may be a couple of hundred dollars if it has to have the button on the steering wheel repaired. If it's just a fuse it will be a little over $60 .The bigger expense will be the repair to my car from Sunday's wreck. I had thought I had a couple of thousand dollars in my savings account but I forgotten I had paid $1375 for my new crown,  I checked yesterday and there is only half that much left. So it will take that to repair my car. I'm just glad I have it in there. I have been transferring $100. a month to my savings since I got the crown... starting in December. I will continue to do that to eventually replenish the savings account. 

It's 5:38AM now and I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and in an hour I will check to see if the cats are here for their breakfast. It's usually about 6:30AM when they come by for breakfast. 

The desktop computer says it is 58 degrees and mostly clear. I will see what "the weather on the 8's" says.

The "weather on the 8's" says 69 degrees today but wintry mix and snow tomorrow and 31 degrees, Friday sunny and 47 degrees. Saturday is forecast 56 degrees and Sunday will be 65 degrees and then Monday will be 71 degrees. See what I mean about Kansas? If you don't like the weather just wait a minute.

Only Scruff came for breakfast this morning. She didn't eat a lot and then she left and I took the food back in the garage. It's 7:22AM now and I will not leave for my appointment until  8:15AM. That will get me there by 8:45AM...plenty early. 

I took the newspapers Suzanne brought me to Karan and then I got my hair done after I got to Coffeyville. Then I went to the Walmart parking lot and read until time to go to the senior center  for Bunco. I won $5.00 there playing Bunco. Then after I left I went to Marilyn's to take her my leftover cupcakes.

On my way home I noticed some very black clouds were gathering and remembered that we were forecast for snow on Thursday so I stopped at Josh Elliott's shop and had Sherry bring me home and keep my car to work on the Cruise Control tomorrow morning. I don't know when Scott Mills will have the parts for the body work on the front driver's side of my car..possibly next week some time.

It's 6:09PM now and at 7:00PM I will take my bath and get my pajamas on and my robe. 

I haven't seen either of the cats this evening. I looked a couple of times. But neither were there.

I will be going to bed a little after 9:00PM

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I had the first part of my crown done on my molar today.I have to take two big horse pills of antibiotic 2 hours before my appointment,and then a few minutes before leaving home,my stomach started feeling nauseated.Luckily the cool air (wind) helped my stomach feel better somehow. It took a lot of drilling and then fitting of the temporary crown. My neck and back muscles are now so worn feeling,and the numbing is still there. My dentist is so good,and kind, and patient. I had awful dentists when I was a child, so after the couple of dentist visits while I was a child I went for about 35 years without going to a dentist until my wisdom tooth corner broke off.Luckily that dentist was very kind too. Those crowns really take a bite out of the bank account,don't they! I had to use my credit card that I had not ever used before.Bah!

I hope your cruise control done for a reasonable price.

Take care.

Margie's Musings said...

It may be as much as $200. Especially if they have to replace the entire switch. Your crown sounds like it was pretty serious, Susie!