Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday and Finish Vacuuming

 I slept well until 2:30AM when I got up to turn up the furnace. Then I could not get back to sleep. I tossed and turned for an hour and finally got up and took some Melatonin. Then I slept until almost 6:00AM. 

By the time I checked on the cats it was 6:30AM. Only Scruff was out there and she was hungry. I took her food out to her and also some water after what I noticed yesterday. When I came back in, she was drinking the water but I noticed she had also eaten a lot of her food. I brought the food in and put it back in the garage and covered it.

Then I was just in time to see "the weather on the 8's",It's supposed to be 33 degrees and partly cloudy today, 42 degrees and partly cloudy tomorrow (Saturday). Sunday it's supposed to be 55 degrees and sunny,  Monday it's to be 59 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday 64 degrees and sunny and Wednesday 70 degrees and mostly sunny. It looks like the snow will be all gone by the end of next week. It's 10 degrees now. It's got some warming up to do.

I will vacuum the living room and dining room today. It's 7:00AM now and I have just finished my breakfast and coffee.

It's 7:50AM now and I have been watching the news. So far it's a sunny day, I hope it stays that way so this snow will melt. According to my phone it's 12 degrees out there.  

As soon as the news is over at 9:00AM, I will begin vacuuming.

More later....  

The thing I hate about the news..and really most TV programming... not just the news...is that every ten minutes, they interrupt the programming to run eight 30 second commercials one right after the other. Most of them are either auto dealerships, furniture companies  or most often... pharmaceutical companies,  Medicines have to be prescribed by doctors and doctors are not supposed to advertise but the pharmaceuticals to it for them by saying "ask your doctor about our product". In my opinion, if a doctor thinks a medicine is appropriate for the patient, they will prescribe it without the need for the pharmaceutical companies advertising the product. The sales people explain the product. That is a part of their job. The advertising increases the cost of the medicine to cover the cost of the advertising. When I was selling radio advertising back in the 60's and 70's, the cost of one 30 second TV commercial was $250. Just imagine what that costs today! Think what that cost adds to the cost of the medicine! No wonder people with type 1 diabetes can't afford their insulin....for example. 

I know...gripe, gripe.

More later...I had better get ready to vacuum the living room and dining room.

O.K. I got the rest of the vacuuming finished. Now I will read again. It's only 9:16AM so I have awhile until my lunch. I will dust either this afternoon or Saturday. Again, I am very tired. Vacuuming that plush carpet really wears me out. But because I have to do it in two days, I can recuperate with rest. The first time I vacuumed it after it was laid, I tried to do it all in one day like I did the old carpet and it shut down the vacuum and I had to wait overnight before it would start again. That's the primary reason I do it in two days. Leslie bought me that sweeper when I moved in here. I don't want to ruin a two year old sweeper.

I read until the Kindle needed to be charged again. I am doing that now. 

I ran Glary Utilities on both computers and got them running smoother. I am going to check out the charging and see how far along it is. It has been charging for an hour.

I went to the Caney Market and bought milk and a pint of ice cream. The sun has come out and the snow is melting.....thank goodness! 

It's 3:30PM and I am going to go back to my book,

More later...

I finished the book and downloaded another.

At 7:00PM I took my bath and got myself ready for bed. Neither of the cats showed up for supper.

I read until 9:00PM and then I went on to bed.

No comments: