Saturday, February 26, 2022

Saturday and Reading

I slept fine until about 2:45AM and I awoke with my sinus' draining down my throat. I kept gagging so I finally got up and took an antihistamine. Then I was able to sleep. I was up at 6:00AM and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. Besides dusting today, I will just read some more. Outside of lunch at Mazzio's with Nancy on Tuesday, I have been getting along with frozen TV dinners. I may go down to the Copan Restaurant for lunch today. I will see how the roads look. The snow was melting yesterday. I had thought I might clear the snow off  Dee Anna and Stephen's walk and drive but it was melting so I didn't do it.

I am having my breakfast now. I had bought some frozen waffles at the market this week but I haven't tried them yet. I am just having my usual oatmeal and it keeps my plumbing regular.

It's 6:30AM now and I should go check on the cats. It's very cold out there.

At first only Scruff was out there and then Blondie came by. But he didn't stay. Scruff ate her fill and I took the cat food in the garage and covered it up. 

I watched the CBS Saturday morning news and I will read this morning.The phone says it is 18 degrees so it's still pretty cold out there. It's 8:02AM now.

I called Scott Mill's business yesterday afternoon and a woman answered. Scott was with a customer. I asked her about my parts and when I could get scheduled for the repair on my bumper. She said they were booking into April. I told her he had told me when he got my bumper he would paint it and be ready to put it on in one day. She said if it was just a bumper he may have made earlier plans for me. I asked her to have him call me so I could find out when he would need my car. He never did call me back. I may try to call him again this morning.

More later... 

I called but got his answering machine. I left a message but I'm not sure he will call me back. He was supposed to have called me back last evening but that didn't happen either. I should have had Josh Elliott do it but I didn't realize he had a body shop there as well as a repair place until they fixed my cruise control. By then Scott had already ordered my parts. 

He never did call me back this morning either . I am tempted to go up there and talk to him.

I have been reading and it's 9:54AM now.  

I noticed Stephen, my landlord, was using his shovel to break and scrape the ice from his sidewalk and I had a nice wide snow shovel so I took it over there and offered to let him use it to make the job easier..  He took it and made shorter work of clearing his drive and sidewalk.  When he finished, I put the snow shovel back in my garage..

Then I went on to Copan Restaurant and had my usual small chef salad and iced tea.

When I got home, Stephen and Dee Anna were back with a piece of furniture they said was too large for their apartment and they were going to take it back to their Owasso home. 

He stopped me as I was going into the house and reminded me that he reads my blog and noticed that I was having trouble with my vacuuming using my little Black and Decker sweeper and told me they had a Shark they were going to give me for the apartment. It has more adjustments on it and could handle that plush carpet just fine and I could vacuum it all in one day and leave it with the apartment when I am gone. 

These kids are so helpful. He will bring it to me when he comes next time.  I will try it and see if I can use it and do my vacuuming all in one day again. My little Black and Decker worked just fine on the old carpet but if I use it to try to vacuum the entire apartment in one day with this plush carpet, it shuts down and I have to let it rest overnight before I can start it again.  Plus it exhausts me to use the Black and Decker to try to push it through the plush carpet. I hope the Shark will be easier to use.

It's 12:44PM now. I guess I will go back to my book. The sun is shining brightly but it's still pretty brisk today.

I went to the Dollar General store and bought a few things I couldn't get at the market here. 

Now I guess I will go read my latest free book I downloaded from Amazon. It's 3:05 PM now. I read the book for awhile but I had the Reader;s Digest to read too.


it's 5:22PM now and I have been reading the Reader's Digest. I finished it so I will take it to Nancy on Tuesday.

In about 7 minutes the CBS news should be on. I will check that out.

More later...

Scruff came for supper but she didn't eat much. She was concerned about some other animal and kept looking around like something was there. Finally she left without eating much at all. I left the food out there for awhile but she didn't come back. She acted like something was out there frightening her so finally I brought the food in and put it in the garage and covered it up.

Now I will finish this and go read until 9:00PM which is my usual bedtime.

I watched the CBS news and then took my bath. I am also charging my phone and I will read the kindle next.There's nothing worth watching on TV..that's for sure...


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Lots of body shops are having trouble getting parts. It’ll take longer probably.

Margie's Musings said...

He has the parts. He just isn't getting back with me with an appointment for the repair. It's just the bumper. It's not a big deal!