Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Wednesday and No Game Day

I slept well last night and was up a little earlier then 5:AM. I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I looked outside earlier and didn't see any snow yet so I may be able to go to Coffeyville and get my hair done this morning and stay for game day at the senior center. It depends on whether it snows like it's forecast. I am having my breakfast now. 

In a little while I will go check "the weather on the 8's" and see if any cats are here for their breakfast. None were here last evening so if they are they will be plenty hungry. I usually don't see them until closer to 6:30AM and it's only 5:30AM now. I see the forecast on the desktop computer for today is 42 and sunny, My phone says it's 14 degrees and clear right now.

I will go check the weather now.

More later..

It's supposed.to be 21 degrees with snow today starting about 10:00AM but there's supposed to be just an inch accumulated. Then it's supposed to be 28 degrees tomorrow (Thursday) with snow. Friday is supposed to be 36 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 41 degrees and partly cloudy.Sunday is supposed to be 57 degrees and sunny, Monday will be 57 degrees and mostly sunny and Tuesday is to be 62 degrees and mostly sunny. Weird weather!!

But it's Kansas ...what else can I say.

Both cats were out there this morning and extremely hungry! They ate as fast as they could and then went to find shelter. It's 12 degrees here now...no wonder! I brought the food back into the garage after that. 

I get so disgusted with Channel 6 news. They preempted the CBS news and are concentrating on just the Tulsa weather news. They have another station they could put their local weather news on but they preempted the national news instead. To get national news, I had to change to channel 8 and watch Good Morning America. Channel 8 had a box on the lower left side of the Good Morning America screen where they carried the weather news for their local Tulsa watchers. Channel 6 acts like they don't care that those of us in their southeast Kansas audience want national news and aren't important.

I will leave about 8:30AM for Coffeyville and my hair appointment. .

They cancelled the game day and closed the senior center Someone had inadvertently exposed the exercise class to the covid so Janet closed it,

I did go on to my hair appointment and sure enough, at 10:00AM it started sleeting. It was solid ice. About 10:30AM, I left the beauty shop and started home and the roads  were solid ice and by then it started sleeting even harder.. I drove all the way back to Caney at 35 to 40 miles an hour. Now I am home and will stay in. I brought home a large piece of pizza from Bartlesville yesterday afternoon and for my lunch, I will warm that up in my microwave.

It appears to have changed to snow now out there. Huge flakes are coming down.

My son-in-law, John, came and set my headboard back on the blocks like they were supposed to be. The men that laid the carpet just barely got it on the blocks. John fixed that.

When he left, I put my jacket and gloves on and took the snow shovel out and cleared my walk. It won't stay cleared though because it's supposed to snow both today and tomorrow. Next when I am able, I will clear my drive like I did the last time it snowed. I won't be going anywhere in this mess so there's no rush to get it done.

Tomorrow I also want to start my cleaning. I will do the mopping and vacuum the bedroom, hall and den tomorrow. Friday I will do the living room and dining room and dust.I will get back to my latest book on the kindle now.

It's 3:05PM and I have been reading all afternoon. I looked out awhile ago and it appears it has stopped snowing. It looks like there's about an inch of snow on the ground.

I went to the market and bought some trash bags and a pint of ice cream and some half and half for my coffee. 

Then I came home and read until 7:15PM when I took my bath. I finished another book. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. That's about thirty minutes from now.

 

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

You could try gathering your news from the internet instead of being on the TV's time schedule. I look at www.cnn.com then www.abcnews.com then www.cbsnews.com and even www.bbc.com to get England's viewpoint of the world. Of course, 2 Kansas City local stations are www.kctv5.com and www.kmbc.com No extra fees or subscriptions to see them.
Even the local TV says everything is "breaking news" when I've already read about it on the internet news.
Stay warm! Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you for that suggestion, Linda. I may try that.