Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept very well last night and did not even wake up once. I was up at my usual 5:00AM and am in the process of doing a load of laundry now. I have dressed for church and have had my breakfast. I have even checked my e-mail. It is 5:44AM now and I notice the desktop computer says it is 42 degrees in Coffeyville. I notice my phone says it is 43 degrees here in Caney.

I just put that small load of laundry in the dryer. I will be changing the sheets on my bed tomorrow and I would  rather not have the towels and underwear in with the sheets. They tend to get wound up in the sheets and take longer to dry.

I will leave for church about 10:00AM and get there to be sure the building is clean and neat before the services start at 11:00AM. We are not having church school classes during the pandemic...just the worship service until this mess is over. I see by the news last night that cases are winding down. That's encouraging! Maybe we will get through this mess this year. I also see in the news report on the progress of the disease that over 90% of the patients in intensive care and those who die of it are unvaccinated. 

It's almost 6:00AM now and I will go check "the weather on the 8's" and also see if the cats are here waiting for their breakfast.

Only Scruff came for breakfast and when she left, I put away the food dish in the garage.

I also saw the weather forecast and we are to have snow Wednesday and Thursday this week. I have my hair appointment on Wednesday so I will just play it by ear about driving over to Coffeyville for my hair appointment. It's my haircut week but I may just have to wash it myself if it snows early. My appointment is at 9:00AM. It is to be 68 degrees today and 74 degrees tomorrow. Then it drops to 40 degrees on Tuesday and 30 degrees on Wednesday and 27 degrees on Thursday. Friday it's supposed to be 33 degrees.

My laundry is dry now. 

I got the laundry folded and put away and it's 6:39AM now.  

I will go watch the news or read now until time to go. I may go over a little earlier and go to Walmart there to get my variety pack oatmeal and some more variety pack breakfast bars and my Omeprazale that I take for indigestion. Dr, Christensen does not want me taking Tums or Rolaids. I also need bread and I may as well get that while I am there too. I would usually wait until Wednesday to do that but the weather for Wednesday is uncertain. Snow is forecast and I may not make it over there for my hair appointment.

More even later.. I will go watch the news now.

I watched the news until  9:00AM and then I went on over to Coffeyville. First I went to the bank and got money for my hair appointment on Wednesday. I hope I will be able to make it. We are forecast for snow Wednesday and Thursday. Then I went to Walmart and bought the groceries I couldn't get at the Caney Market. I see they are advertising for a manager again. This will be number 3. I don't know what the problem is at the market unless they are over managed. I sure don't want to lose the new market.

Then I went to the Woodshed to buy gas and the pump I chose was broken and would not accept my debit card. By this time I was running late so I just went on out to church. I will buy gas at Walmart in Bartlesville on Tuesday. It will be cheaper there anyhow.

We had the same number there that we had last week.  At least we didn't have less. We just didn't have more. There are several that did not make it this week. Leslie and Kelly were over to the campgrounds working at Work Week getting the campgrounds ready for the camping season..Jeff and Cyndi have moved to Joplin. Mike had to work today so Laura doesn't come without him. Kim has moved to Pittsburg. Becky usually comes but she wasn't there today. Those are the ones that are missing.

Rick and Carmen and I went to Just Us for lunch. Carmen rode with me. After lunch  I came back to Caney. Rick took Carmen back to Coffeyville with him.

The temperature is now 55 degrees here in Caney and the sun is shining brightly. The snow is all gone too. That's good...just in time for more on Wednesday and Thursday.

I texted John to ask if he was home and he said he was. I wanted to go see the five puppies if he was going to be there. He said he was. So I drove out to their place and held each of the puppies. They are registered Corgis and cute as can be! They were four weeks old today. I was ready to leave, but he took the other dogs outside and played catch with them.There were five of them playing catch. Hoover and Mini and KiKi, registered Corgis, Octavia and Echo and I forget the name of the other Blue Heeler. Octavia caught most of the balls. The others just tried. But Octavia just loves to play ball with that toy and brings it to John to throw again and again. I don't think she ever gets tired of it. Three of the dogs are Blue Heelers and they mate them with the Corgis and they are called Cowboy Corgis. They have a little longer legs and they have fewer problems then those with those short little legs. John just loves to play with them and they love him for playing games with them. He is their primary caregiver. KiKi is the mother of these puppies and they are registered Corgis.

May be an image of dog

Here are the other two.

May be an image of cat and dog 

Aren't they cute!

My phone says it is 70 degrees now. That's hard to believe after 42 degrees this morning. But all the snow is gone in my yard so maybe it is 70 degrees.

I read until 60 Minutes came on and then watched that. At 7:15PM I took my bath and put my pajamas on and got my bed ready for bed. I will read until 9:00PM or so and then will go to bed.

No comments: