Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thursday and Vacuuming

I slept well last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I am just getting ready to have my breakfast. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will stay home today. We are forecast for more snow.and I don't need to be out in it..Cleaning the apartment will give me something productive to do. Then I have another book downloaded from Amazon so I will read later. If the weather allows it, I will bundle up and try to clear the drive and walk of snow.

It never did snow or sleet anymore.

Now I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats.

It's 6:30AM now and Scruff was the only cat out there, I took her food out and she is eating hungrily. I still want to see "the weather on the 8's" to see what more to expect.

The temperature this morning is 18 degrees with a snow shower in the forecast.  Today's forecast for the day a high of 28 degrees with a wintry mix. Friday 34 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday 42 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 52 degrees and sunny, Monday 61 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday 64 degrees and sunny. That's the week's weather forecast.

Scruff ate as fast as she could and then left to find shelter.

What a mess! If we don't get any more today I will shovel off the walk and make a path to the mailbox. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just snow but there is sleet under it. That makes it treacherous!

It's 12:18PM and I have been reading all morning. Now I need to find something to eat.

.May be an image of 1 person, snow and tree 

So more even later..

The Schwan's man just came and brought  me my frozen food order. I don't order a lot from them because they are pretty expensive. But some of their food is very good so I do order some of it. 

About 2:00PM, I went into my Amazon Prime and found a documentary about the hit show "Hamilton". It was very interesting and showed a lot about how Lynn Miranda came up with a hit musical. It took him seven years but he wrote the script as well as the music. The entire cast is people of color which makes it very interesting and the music is Hip Hop. It was a fantastic hit.

Anyhow, it was something different to watch and extremely interesting. They said it won seven Emmys and the Pulitzer Prize. Amazing!

It's 3:14PM now and I guess I will get back to my newest book now. 

I vacuumed the bedroom and the hall and when I got that done I am exhausted from pushing the sweeper through that thick plush carpet. I still have the mopping to do today and also vacuuming the den. It has indoor outdoor carpet in it so it isn't as hard to do.  Tomorrow I will do the living room and dining room.  They are just as hard...especially the living room. The dining room just has a rug in it. But the living room is even larger then the bedroom. It is a bear!

I got the mapping and the vacuuming done for the bedroom, hall and den. My back just kills me when I finish that much. Tomorrow I will do the living room carpet and dining room rug. I have the throw rugs in the dryer on "fresh air" to get the dust out of them.

Now, back to the book... 

 I read until 5:00PM and then I stepped outside to see how cold it was. It wasn't bad at all so I put my jacket and gloves on and got the snow shovel and cleaned the snow off my walk and driveway. I wasn't even tired when I finished. That's a lot easier then vacuuming that plush carpet. :)

In about 10 minutes the CBS news will be on (hopefully)...last night they preempted it for local Tulsa weather news. 

I didn't see any cats out there but it's only 5:20PM so maybe they will come closer to 6:30PM if they come at all.

Scruff came for her supper and she ate a lot of food.Then she looked to the frozen water in the water bowl. I took a bottle of water out and filled the dish. She immediately stepped over there and drank and drank and drank. She almost drank the entire fresh water. Then she left and I brought her dish into the garage. 

More later ...

My landlord and his wife just came over to tell me they are leaving for their home and will be back sometime next week. They have my security light and when it warms up some he wants to install it. They are such nice people. He commented that he noticed I had cleared my walk and drive. He said he would have done his but he took his snow shovel to their other home and left it there.

I told him he could use mine anytime he wanted to. He said it would melt at the end of the week this time.

 No photo description available. 

I scraped the walk and the drive too.

Its after 6:00PM now and about 7:00PM I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or thereabouts.

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Please be careful. Do you have a pail of rock salt / ice melt to sprinkle on the ice? You know, fetching the mail can actually wait a day or two, or at least until the ice melts. Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

I am going to take your advice, Linda and wait until it melts. I don't have any rock salt and no where to buy it. The hardware stores and Walmart are out of it