Monday, February 28, 2022

Monday and Laundry

I slept fairly well last night but was up at 4:00AM since I woke up that early and could not get back to sleep. I am dressed and ready for the day. I have even started my laundry. I just put it in the dryer. It's 5:30AM now and I have had my breakfast too. 

In a little while I will turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats.

Outside of the laundry, I will probably just read again today. I got the letters to the part of the congregation who were not there yesterday all finished but I will need to go to the post office and buy some more stamps to send them off. I wanted everyone to know about the basket dinner and baby shower next Sunday after church. It will be our first basket dinner since the pandemic began. We still haven't resumed church school classes.

It's almost 6:00AM and I will go turn on the weather and see if the forecast has changed any for this week.

More later...

I have been watching the CBS Morning news and reading the book I started yesterday. I finished it. It is 8:18AM.

Now when the Kindle is finished charging, I will download three more books. 

I went to the post office and bought more stamps and got those letters in the mail. I got Leslie's birthday gift yesterday and got it wrapped this morning. I need to get a bow for it before her birthday.

It's 11:15AM and I just got out of the dental office after having my teeth cleaned and examined. Another $150.00. They wanted to do x-rays but I knew I would not have the money to do that so I put it off for another six months. I had a 9:30AM dental appointment.

I talked to Scott Mills this morning and he has my bumper. After he gets it painted and it dries he will call me and have me bring my car up to have it put on. It may be Thursday until I can do that. I will be going to Bartlesville to see Nancy tomorrow and take her out to lunch.Then Wednesday is my hair appointment in Coffeyville and Bunco afterward. Scott says it will just take one day to put that bumper on. We will see.

It's 12:51PM now and I will go back to reading. The Kindle is charged and I think I have one more book in it to read. 

I revised Sunday's bulletin to include the basket dinner and baby shower on the announcements. I hope Leslie notices she has received two bulletins in her e-mail ..one with the two new announcements listed. I got some more stamps this morning and sent out the letters to those who were not at church last Sunday telling them about the basket dinner and baby shower. I went over my notes for Sunday's service this afternoon. 

I got Leslie's birthday gift today and got it wrapped. Her birthday is not until July 1st but I wanted to get it early.

Back to my reading now.

I've been reading for a couple of hours and my eyes are tired.  

I guess I'll go back to my book now. I just got started on this new one.

Back later...

Stephen, my landlord, just brought me a Shark sweeper that he thinks I can use easier on my plush carpet. He says it will not shut down if I do the entire apartment in one day. He says we will just leave it at the apartment when I am gone. I will use it Thursday and be able to vacuum the entire apartment in one day without it shutting down. It's a larger vacuum then my Black and Decker so I hope I can handle it. 

That is so good of them and he says Wednesday he will come and put in the motion security light too. It comes on if someone comes to the front door at night. Then it goes off when the movement is gone.

More later...back to my book.

I read until I finished the book and then I took my bath and put my pajamas on. It's 8:43PM and I will blog awhile and put the latest blog on Keith's website. Then a little after 9:00PM,I will go on to bed.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Your landlord cares.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, he and his wife are very good people. And you're right..they evidently do care!!!