Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Tuesday and a Visit With Nancy

I slept pretty well last night and woke up only once but got right back to sleep and slept until almost 6:00AM. By the time I was dressed and made up it was almost 6:39AM so I fixed my breakfast and took it into the living room and checked the cat situation. Scruff was out there alright..very hungry. I took her food out to her and as she was eating Blondie came and ate too. He left first and after a little while she left too. 

I brought the cat food in, washed my dishes and packed a bag of  Kleenex and toilet tissue to take to Nancy. When I was there last week she was down to one roll of toilet tissue and was using it for Kleenex too. Dale and Gina, her nephew and his wife,  haven't been to see her since her son, David, and his wife came over a month ago. Dale took her money and her debit card when they put her in assisted living in November so she has no money and no way to buy anything.  That's a tragedy. She was a multi millionaire and David took her Blackledge money and Dale took her mother's money. It seems they couldn't wait for her to die.

My kids would never do such a thing...if I had any money for them to take. :) My crown and my car repairs, the cruise control and later this next month the repair to my bumper. and yesterday's dental bill for my cleaning took nearly everything I had extra. Thank God I had that! Sometimes it's a blessing not to have any money. At least they can't abuse you by taking your money without your permission.

It's 7:10AM and I have finished my breakfast and Chai. 

I watched "the weather on the 8's" and there's no rain in the forecast until Sunday. Today is supposed to get up to 78 degrees and sunny, Wednesday up to 80 degrees and sunny, Thursday 79 degrees and mostly sunny and Friday 73 degrees and cloudy, Saturday is to be 76 degrees, partly cloudy and windy and Sunday will be 52 and thunderstorms. Monday will be 49 degrees and partly cloudy. We'll see how that all turns out.

More later...I will go watch the news now. 

It's almost 9:00AM now and I will leave to go down to visit Nancy. I want to stop by the Dollar General store and buy a few things I can't get at our market here in Caney. They are still looking for a new manager here. This will be the third one since they opened a year ago. I don't know what the problem is but I sure don't want to lose this market.

More later this afternoon

I got home from Nancy's about 3:00PM. We ate at Murphy's Steak House and had their famous hot hamburger steak with salad and french fries. I had ice tea and Nancy had coffee, We both brought home leftovers in a box. I will heat mine up in a skillet later. It had been quite awhile since I had eaten there. The last time Dean, my friend and classmate, came we ate there. Otherwise, it had been years. Bob and I ate there many times over the years we lived there.

I had a nice visit with Nancy. It was a beautiful sunny day. She thoroughly enjoyed the visit and the dinner. 

I went to the market when I got home and bought a treat for Bunco tomorrow.  Then I ate a banana for my supper.

I guess I will read now in my Kindle. More later...

I took my bath at 8:00PM and will plan to go to bed at my usual 9:00PM or perhaps later if I read again.

Now I will put this day's blog on Keith's site.



2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

If you have any money, the taxman gives bad news each year. Big IRS payment. No refund. 🤣

pat m said...

What you might do is talk to the executive manager and just say you noted that she was low on toilet paper and kleenex..then she/he can call her nephew and ask to bring some for her.