Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept fairly well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM and made up my bed and myself and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast now. At a little after 6:00AM I will check on the cats. Scruff is usually there ...not so much, Blondie, although he came yesterday after Scruff began to eat.

I will go to Coffeyville today and go to the bank first and then to get my hair done. I need to go to Walmart there and get oatmeal in the variety pack and breakfast bars too. I get the Walmart brand Variety pack. I will read in the car until time for Bunco at 1:00PM.  After Bunco, I will go by Marilyn's and take her my leftover treats from Bunco. Then I will come home and stop to give blood at the recreation center between 5:00PM and 5:30PM ...if I don't get deferred again. It will be a busy day.

I also need to call the Merle Norman store in Chanute today and get the owner to send me some moisture emulsion. I am nearly out. Chanute is the nearest Merle Norman store nowadays, Years ago there was one to Coffeyville and Bartlesville and lately even Independence but they have all closed...except for Chanute. The owner there sends me the products I order and doesn't charge me any postage. I just send her a check for the product. She trusts me to do that.

Both Scruff and Blondie came for breakfast this morning. Blondie didn't stay long but Scruff ate quite a bit. I think Blondie eats at his home first   but Scruff doesn't have a home so she always eats here. 

It's almost 8:00AM now and since I want to go to the bank before my hair appointment and also will go to Walmart, I will leave pretty soon. Usually no later then 8:30AM.

More later...

When I got to Coffeyville I went to the bank  and took out $50 for the week. Then I went to Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush. I got my hair done and then took my check for the order I had  called in to Merle Norman's in Chanute to the post office and mailed it off. I went by the library and dropped my empty ink cartridge off for them to have refilled. Then I went out to Walmart and got the things on my list...including some more iron.

I stopped at the senior center and sat in my car and read my Kindle until time to go in for Bunco. When I went in, no one else was there yet and the tables were not set up. I tried the door of the storage room but it was locked. I texted Janet...much as I dreaded doing that. Her father's funeral was this morning. She told me where the spare key to the room where the Bunco stuff was and I got the tables set up and that chairs around the tables. We played Bunco until 3:00PM and then I took the remaining treats I had out to Marilyn Rutledge. She can have then with her coffee tomorrow. I stayed and visited with her awhile but I had an appointment to give blood at 5:00PM so needed to get back to Caney. 

After I gave blood I remembered that Stephan was coming this evening to install my motion light. When I got home, he was there and had it installed. I turned on the outside switch from inside and we tested it. It worked fine. That's good! He has some other inside lights he wants to install too but he will do that another time. He had expected me to be home after Bunco. I had forgotten about the bloodmobile appointment.

Both cats, Scruff and Blondie came for supper.They ate awhile and then left and I brought in the cat food and put it in the garage and covered it.

I read awhile until bath time. I will have my bath a little later since I have to be careful of my right arm. I may wait until morning to bathe this time under the circumstances. 

It's 7:05PM now and the arm is a little sore. I will go back to my book for awhile. I will plan to go to bed about 9:00PM or shortly after as usual.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope you have a great day. Businesses that trust are worth keeping.

Margie's Musings said...

That's right! I agree!