Sunday, February 27, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept very well last night and slept until 6:00AM. I woke up once at 2:30AM but got right back to sleep.

I have dressed for church, had my breakfast and checked the weather and the cat situation. Scruff was the only cat that came for breakfast and she ate and then drank some of the fresh water I put in her water dish and left. Blondie must be in the house of his owner in this cold weather.  According to my phone it is 21 degrees this morning here in Caney.

I have had my breakfast and checked "the weather on the 8's". It's supposed to get up to 57 degrees today and sunny, 66 degrees tomorrow and partly cloudy, 76 degrees Tuesday and sunny, 77 degrees on Wednesday and sunny. Thursday is to be 76 degrees and mostly sunny and Friday 72 degrees.and cloudy and windy and Saturday looks like 71 degrees and showers and windy. That's according to the weather channel. 

It's 7:42AM right now and I will leave for church  about 10:00AM.

Now I will go see if there is any CBS news. 

I have been watching the CBS news. First, I cleaned all the old boxes out of the garage and threw them into the trash container.  The only ones that didn't go into the trash container were the ones that held the puzzles I had worked.  There is no sense in keeping empty boxes.They simply cluttered up the garage.

 More later.... It's 9:32AM now.

I left at 10:00AM When I got to church there was ice everywhere on the sidewalk. I found the snow shovel and scraped the ice off as best I could. Then I found the salt ice melt and poured some of it in the sprinkler for ice melting salt. Then I went in to distribute Karan's paperwork. The service began and it was a very good service and Karan had an excellent sermon.

At the end we learned that Johnna's daughter. Kim, was going to have a baby boy in June, Leslie immediately announced we would have a basket dinner next Sunday after church and after that. we would have a shower for Kim and Daniel's up coming baby.  I worked up a letter for those who who not at church this morning telling them about the basket dinner and baby shower  and sending out the bulletins we had left at church. 

I went to Bartlesville this afternoon and bought the baby gift I will give Kim next week. I wrapped it and put a card with it. Then I set it in my car. I don't want to forget it next Sunday. 

I still have to figure what I will take to the dinner.

I have watched the Mission Center service on Zoom. It was pretty good.

Next I will watch the 60 Minutes show I recorded and then I will take my bath. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual.


1 comment:

DrumMajor said...

Whew! Glad you cleared the ice layer without falling. So, what's a basket dinner? Is this like a potluck dinner? Must everyone bring their food in a basket? (Cover than gift in the car with a towel or something so a thief isn't tempted.)
Linda in Kansas