Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday and Dusting and Polishing

I slept pretty well last night. I woke up once in the night but managed to get right back to sleep. I got up at 5:00AM and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will dust and polish furniture today.  It's 5:44AM today and I haven't looked out yet to see if it snowed as it was forecast. It;s still dark out. 

I just looked out back and yes, it did. I will definitely stay home today and read.

I am eating my breakfast now. But in 35 minutes I will check to see if any of the cats braved the elements. I doubt if they did.

I also want to check the weather forecast.

So more later... 

Both cats came for breakfast and it is cold out there.They ate fast and left so I put the food back in the garage and covered it.

I also got the weather forecast. Today's forecast is 38 degrees and snow. Saturday's is 47 degrees and sunny, Sunday's is 65 degrees and sunny, Monday's is 59 degrees and cloudy, Tuesday's forecast is 66 degrees and partly cloudy,  Wednesday's is 72 degrees and mostly sunny and Thursday's is 72 degrees and mostly cloudy.

That takes care of most of next week.

More later...

I got my sidewalk and driveway cleared this morning.

May be an image of snow and tree 

There's the sidewalk.

 May be an image of road 

And there's the driveway. It was good exercise and it's not snowing now.

I will go back to my book now. 

The sun is shining brightly now.

I had to put the Kindle on the charger again so I came in here to blog a little. It was a nice sunny day so I took my snow shovel out again and cleaned the sidewalk and driveway for my landlord and his wife. They have been very good to me and it was very good exercise for me. 

It's 1:55 PM now and I just finished my dusting and furniture polishing too. I had one of my microwave Schwan's chicken pot pies for my lunch today. I don't buy a lot from them...they are too expensive. But those chicken pot pies are pretty good so I sometimes splurge and buy a box of them.

Lacey, from my Shelter Insurance, just called me. The insurance company of the other woman involved in our wreck last month is going to sue my insurance company to get my insurance to pay for her damage. Lacey is counter sueing them for my damage. Both companies are doing an investigation to determine who was at fault.  I was completely out of the parking lot and into the road when she came across two lanes of traffic and if I hadn't slammed on my brakes it would have been a lot worse. She had a dented door and I had the damage to my driver's side front bumper. My damage wasn't bad enough to break my headlight or my blinker or to even rub against my tire.  It was completely derivable. 

More even later... 

I read until 5:30PM when I watched the CBS evening news. It's 6:12PM now and I will take my bath at 7:00PM and hopefully read until bedtime. I have my Kindle on the charger again.

I had a call from Scott this evening. Ginger got the replacement Runmifit that she had given me for my birthday at Thanksgiving. It broke when I tried to get the charger out of the watch case. Scott is sending the replacement to me today. It will probably be a week before I get it. He called to get my address. It gives me the time, my blood pressure and the number of steps I take each day, and my heart rate and several other measurements. In order to take it apart to charge it, the instructions say to pull the watchband down at a 45 degree angle and tug and that's what I did, but eventually it broke off the metal pieces that go into the USB port on my computer to charge it. I hope that won't happen again. I only had it about two or three months when that happened.

More even later... And yes, I did get the dusting and polishing done this afternoon.

Scruffy came for supper this evening. She is eating now. It's 6:34PM, her regular supper time. After she finished eating, I took her bowl in the garage and covered it as usual

It's nearly 7:00PM and I will go take my bath now and will read and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. 



5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Do you have snow on the ground ?

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, we do. I don''t know how much but I waded through to it to feed the cats awhile ago.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

We have a light snow on the grass so far here near St.Louis, too. I stuck my head out the front door and it just felt very bitter cold, but not windy as far as I could tell.

The birds of every kind are singing like it is the most beautiful spring day they ever saw. Apparently they are fans of having a positive attitude.

I will not be going outside today. I haven't been feeling very well for the past few days.

Margie's Musings said...

I am sorry to hear that, Susie! I hope it's nothing serious.

Kay said...

I just heard that Maryland where my son lives is going to get hit by a lot of snow tonight. I imagine my grandsons will be thrilled. Not so much my son though. I'm glad you got some good sleep, Margie. We were watching a PBS show about sleep and learned how very important it is to get good sleep.