Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thursday and Mopping and Vacuuming

I slept well last night and was only up once in the night and then was able to get right back to sleep. I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I made my bed and got myself dressed and ready for the day. I plan to vacuum today and I will mop the bare floors . Other then that, I don't have a plan for the day.

I like all the new light fixtures my landlord, Stephen, installed yesterday evening. It sure brightened up the apartment, especially the den. It has always been too dark with only one light bulb working in the light fixture. That den room was once a covered patio when Bridenstein's boys lived here. He enclosed it for a second bedroom. ...both sides of the duplex. Stephen and Dee Anna painted the paneling on their side and he offered to paint mine too but I think it would be a major problem to move the TV and it's stand away from the wall and I would have to empty the curio cabinet again to move the curio cabinet away from the wall and the dining room table out of the dining room. It just sounds like way too much work to me.

My allergies are going crazy and it's not even Spring yet. My sinus's drain all night. I hate to take meds for that because it makes me drowsy. 

It's nearly 6:00AM now and I will go turn on the weather channel and in about 30 minutes I will check on the cats. If they are going to be here for their breakfast, it's usually 6:30AM when they are here.

According to the weather channel, it's supposed to get down to 39 degrees   today with snow showers. They haven't begun yet but are in the forecast. Tomorrow ( Friday) is forecast to be 35degrees and snow and Saturday 43 degrees and sunny. Sunday is to be 62 degrees and sunny and Monday is forecast 63 degrees and mostly cloudy. Tuesday is to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy and Wednesday is forecast for 75 degrees and mostly sunny.

Just Scruff came for breakfast and she is looking heavier every time I see her. I think she may be pregnant. I hope Blondie is not the father if I am right. He is related to her.

I have been watching the CBS news and it's over at 9:00AM and so I am getting ready now to start my cleaning.

So more later...

I have the bare floors mopped and the carpet vacuumed in the bedroom, hall and den. I need to rest a few minutes and then I will vacuum the living room and dining room. That's a great vacuum sweeper but it is heavy. I will finish up in about 15 minutes. I will probably dust tomorrow. 

Now I have the living room vacuumed and only have the dining room rug to do. I will wait a couple of minutes to finish. 

O.K. I have wasted enough time and need to get in there and finish my vacuuming in the dining room. 

I got the rest of my cleaning finished and cleaned out the vacuum sweeper..

Then I called Lacey again. She is going to file a claim against the  insurance company that Evelyn, the woman who hit me, carries. That way Shelter will have their own investigation into the accident. If they file against Shelter, my insurance will go up. Evelyn, the woman involved in my wreck had said her insurance would take care of the rental vehicle she was using and I would be responsible for my own repair...and I did. 

I read most of the afternoon after I fixed myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my lunch. 

More even later....It's 5:07PM now.

Its slightly after 6:00PM now and I am thinking of taking my bath. Then I  will put on my pajamas and plan to go to bed by 9:00PM.

I did take my bath and put on my pajamas and robe. I will try to stay up awhile so I will sleep better.

It's supposed  to snow later this evening. Stephen and Dee Anna went back to Owasso so they wouldn't have to drive back down there in the snow tomorrow. Before he left, he brought me some ice salt so I could melt the snow before I shoveled it if I wanted to. They are awfully thoughtful and good to me.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hate not being able to see. Light also is a mood lifter. Glad your room is brighter.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too! That was a great gift!

Suemn said...

For goodness sake, Evelyn's insurance agent should just pay for the rental car's damage. You've already taken care of your car and now your insurance rate may increase when it really didn't have to go up. I hope it all works out for you and that your insurance rates aren't increased because of the accident.

Margie's Musings said...

You're so right. Suemn, but if she pursues it and wins that is exactly what will happen.

Kay said...

I'm so glad you got some new light fixtures and that you liked them. I'm sure it lifted your spirits even higher. You sure do get a lot done!