Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept fairly well last night. I woke up once in the night but I counted my breaths "one two, one two" and got back to sleep. I slept until 5:00AM. I am eating my breakfast now.

I just had a surprise text from an old friend, Joanne Stoner. When I used to go to John Whitmer Historical Association meetings in Independence, Missouri, I stayed with her and Reg. I really enjoyed their hospitality. She lost Reg in January. I am sure she is lost without him.

I have finished my breakfast and am drinking my coffee and texting her. She is leaving me to my meditations, she said. She is praying for me this morning, she said. I certainly need it.

It is supposed to rain today. It hasn't begun yet. I will go check "the weather on the 8's " and the cats.

Only Scruff was here for her breakfast. I didn't see a sign of Blondie.

I got my ham and potato casserole in the oven. It will need to bake at 375 degrees for an hour and then another 15 minutes uncovered. I will leave for church as soon as it is finished baking. I will need to get the communion prepared when I get there. 

So, more later....

I got my ham and potato casserole out of the oven and now I am ready to go to the church and get the communion prepared and the table ready. I will check out how the church looks too.

So more later...after the baby shower this afternoon....

I got there early enough to clean on the church a little and also get the communion ready.

The sermon went alright. I had several nice comments. They don't want me to stop speaking yet.

The dinner was excellent and so was the baby shower. They got some wonderful gifts.

I did the dishes afterward and Karan helped me.In fact everyone cleaned everything up nicely. 

I am glad the service was over though..at least my part in it. We had a very nice group. Only four were missing. Kelly and Melissa, Gene and Chris.

Karan is down to a size 10 pant. I found 14 pair among my pants that are size 10. I have been wearing a size 6 for several years.I will take them to Coffeyville when I get my hair done on Wednesday and she can try them on and see if she wants any of them.

More later.... 

I have been reading this afternoon and also playing a game on the computer. Now I am preparing to join the Mission Center evening worship service if  I can get on Zoom. Half the time, I can't. It starts at 6:00PM Sunday evenings.

I am recording 60 Minutes while this service is on. It's my favorite news program. I tolerate channel 6 news but that's all I can do. I read yesterday that Tulsa has more murders yearly then New York City. That's tragic!

I should go check out the cat situation before I try to get on Zoom.

More later.. 

There aren't any cats out there but it looks like it's been raining. I knew it was forecast but didn't realize it had actually started raining..

It's been raining all evening. I watched the Mission Center worship service at 600PM and then I took my bath at 7:00PM and lastly watched my recorded 60 Minutes program. I will go to bed at 9:00PM. It's 8:14PM now. Maybe I will read awhile until then.



 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Size 6, you are thin. I wear 16. Pretty hefty. I exercise everyday.