Monday, March 7, 2022

Monday and Laundry

I slept fairly well last night but was up an hour earlier to strip my bed and do laundry.  The laundry is in the dryer now. And it's 5:40AM now.

I am hoping Scott Mills will want to repair my car today. John told me at church yesterday that Scott got his fixed and said it would either be today or tomorrow for mine. I hope it will be today. I want to take Nancy out for lunch tomorrow and if I can't go, I will need to call her to make it Thursday or Friday. My hair appointment is Wednesday at 9:00AM and Toni is booked three weeks ahead. If I have to cancel that, I will have to wash it myself. I can do that but I don't really like to. I imagine it will be 8:00AM or 9:00AM before Scott will call ..if he calls today at all. If I had known it was going to be this long to get it fixed, I would have taken it here to Josh Elliott's shop here in Caney where I get my other repairs done. I didn't know he had a body shop too.  I found that out after Scott had already ordered the parts. Matt, at Josh's could have got it right in three weeks ago. But I think Scott will do a better job. It will take almost all my savings to pay for the repair. I intend to put $100 a month back in the savings account to repay my emergency fund there.

Wow! It's always something.

It's almost 6:00AM now. I guess I will go turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's" now. Be back later...I also want to check on the cats. Neither of them came for supper last night in the rain. 

It's 7:08AM now and I have been watching the weather channel and we are forecast today at 42 degrees and clouds, Tuesday 49 degrees and cloudy, Wednesday 57 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday 66 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday 38 degrees and snow, Saturday 40 degrees and sunny and Sunday 42 degrees and sunny. That's the week's forecast.

Plus I got the dryer emptied and the laundry put away. 

I haven't seen any cats yet....strange.

It's 9:20AM and I still haven't seen any cats. Very strange..  

More later...

It's 930AM now and I haven't heard a thing from Scott Mills. 

I had some of my ham and potato casserole for my lunch, It was good even warmed up in the microwave. 

It's 1:15PM now and I still haven't heard anything from Scott Mills yet. If he's painting it today he will probably call me to bring the car in tomorrow. At least I can hope. Then I will need to call Nancy and tell her I will come Thursday this week. I have called him twice since the wreck three weeks ago and left a message both times but he has never called me back so I have no idea what to expect.

I finally called him back again and sure enough, he plans to put my bumper on tomorrow. I got Nancy's new number from Dale and tried to call her but she must be playing Bingo or something. She didn't answer the phone.  I suppose I should just run down there today to visit or she will be expecting me in the morning. It's only 1:20PM so I have plenty of time to do that. 

So much later .....

That's what I did. I drove down to see Nancy this afternoon and while I was there I also bought gas at Walmart there. It was $3.89 a gallon.The price of gasoline has gone crazy lately with this inflation.

I got home about 4:00PM and was going to make a transfer from my savings to my checking account so I could pay Scott Mills tomorrow when he repairs my bumper but I found I couldn't transfer from my savings to my checking online.I could only transfer from my checking to my savings. So I called the bank and had an employee there do the transfer for me.

I will leave here by7:30AM so I can be at Scott's by 8:00AM. I will take my Kindle so I can read while he works on the bumper. I won't have any transportation so I will just have to sit in his building while he gets that done. I have no idea how long that will take. If he is done by noon I may stop be Big Cheese and get a mini pizza. 

I may have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my supper. I had that casserole for lunch.

I will read until time for the CBS evening news. 

I read for awhile and then later watched the recorded CBS evening news.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and put my pajamas on. I will read until bedtime at 9:00PM. I the morning I will leave for Independence at 7:30AM and plan to be at Scott Mill's place of business by 8:00AM.

 


No comments: