Saturday, March 12, 2022

Saturday and Turn the Clocks Forward

I slept pretty well outside of waking up at 4:00AM and not being able to get back to sleep. I finally just got up and made the bed and dressed. I am having my breakfast now. It's just 5:25AM now. I don't have any particular plan for the day but before I go to bed tonight I will have to turn the clocks forward an hour. I don't know how I will handle the watches. I have no idea how to adjust them for daylight savings time. I will need to go to Bartlesville and find a jeweler on Monday. The one who has been doing that for me has retired and closed his jewelry stores in both Independence and Coffeyville. I guess I could wait until I go down there on Tuesday when I go to see Nancy. My old watch needs a battery or I could use it temporarily. I guess I'll use my phone until I can get the watches changed by someone who knows how to do that. It's a mystery to me.

In a little  while, I will go check out the weather and see if the cats are out there for their breakfast. 

More later...

Both cats were out there at 5:40AM. They are usually not there until 6:30AM. They ate and Blondie left first. I assume his owner fed him. But Scruff looks more and more like she's pregnant. And she eats hungrily and really makes a dent in that food.

I also was there just in time for the weather forecast. Today is supposed to be 47 degrees and sunny, Sunday is supposed to be 66 degrees and sunny, Monday is supposed to be 60 degrees and cloudy, Tuesday 63 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday 73 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday 72 degrees and mostly cloudy and Friday 55 degrees and AM showers. That's next week according to the weather channel.

It's 8:42AM now and I think later I will go to the market and buy a couple of frozen meals. I've had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich a couple of evenings for my supper and frozen chicken pot pies a couple of times for my lunch. Actually I really would like one of Copan Restaurant's small chef salads for my lunch today. That's some time off though. I will read until lunch time and then think about it again.

 More even later...

I did go down to the Copan Restaurant for my small chef salad lunch. Then since I was that close, I went on down to Bartlesville and bought my gas at Wal Mart there at $3.74 per gallon. Then I went on down to Mr. Clean and got my car washed and vacuumed out. It's nice and clean now. I like to get a car wash every week and vacuum it out too. A great wash and vacuum there at Mr. Clean just south of the mall is as nice as it gets for $6.00. 

Then I came back home and will read again. 

The snow is melting fast. Except for where the fence makes shade, the backyard is without snow now. All the roads are completely clear. That didn't last long..thank goodness. 

I have to admit, I went over to Mr. G's and bought a small butter pecan flurry for my dessert. They are so good! 

More later. I will go back to my book.

I read until 7:00PM and then I took my bath. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or so.

I may read some more before I go to bed.

 


No comments: