Friday, March 25, 2022

Friday and A Funeral

I slept fine last night although I woke up with cramps in my right foot. I took a restless leg over- the-counter med and it cleared up right away especially after I got up and walked around on it too. That happens more often then I like.

I will have a busy day. I am to have breakfast with Kelly at 7:30AM at Eggbert's and  then go up to Independence for a 10:00AM funeral for John's nephew. After that all who want to, will come down to our church for refreshments. Karan and I got the church ready for them yesterday. Karan did most of the work. I just helped her.

Last night I had no TV or internet. The entire Cox area was down until nearly  midnight. With Cox, it's always something. Since I moved  to Caney, two years ago, I'll bet I have had an outage of some kind five different times. It's usually the TV but last night it was both. I couldn't read my Kindle because that takes the internet.

Well, enough of this rant. I need to make my bed and dress.

So more later...

I have dressed and am ready to go to Eggbert's for breakfast with Kelly....if he remembers. I assume he will since he invited me. It's only 6:04AM right now so I have almost an hour and a half before I go out there. I have had a breakfast bar to take my blood pressure med with but otherwise, I  will eat breakfast with Kelly at Eggbert's. I am drinking my Chai now.

I have checked the weather and also checked for the cats. It's only a little after 6:00AM so they are not out there yet. I will look again about 6:30AM.

Only Scruff came for her breakfast. As soon as she finished, I put the cat food in the garage.

Then I watched the news for awhile until time to go meet Kelly for breakfast at 7:30AM. .. Kelly came to the restaurant the same time I did and we had a good visit.We ate and visited until 9:15AM when I left to go to Independence for the funeral of John's nephew, James,at 10:00AM

I got there with ten minutes to spare.

James had just had his 50th birthday a few weeks ago. I and got parked the best I could just east of the funeral home. They have Main street there all torn up for two  blocks for construction.  I was there just a little while and John and Leslie came in. It was a very nice funeral...actually a celebration of his life. He died last Sunday of a heart attack.

Afterward we went to our church seven miles south of Independence and finished getting things ready for the fellowship afterward. I counted 35 people who attended the fellowship at our church and we barely had enough chairs in our all purpose room. In fact, we took two chairs out of the primary classroom or we wouldn't have had enough. We also used one of the pews Mike had bought for seating for an extra four or five people. But it worked out and the relatives of James, his mother, Alberta, and others, provided all the food and it was very good. John's sister, Alberta, provided most of it. Karan provided the drinks and she and I did the dishes and cleaned up afterward. She sent me home with tea and some very good lemonade. John took the trash home to put out in their large trash container. I got home at 2:20PM.

I don't know why, but I am very tired.The mileage, I guess. I will probably just read this afternoon.

More later...

I have been reading this afternoon and it's 5:56PM now. 

I have been half heartedly watching the news but it's the same old stuff....basketball, basketball, basketball. There no more boring game then basketball in my opinion.

I took my bath at 7:15PM and put my pajamas on and will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go on to bed.


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.