Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Tuesday and a Visit With Nancy

I slept fairly well last night although I woke up very early and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally I got up shortly before 5:00AM. I noticed I need to charge my watch. I have plugged it into the USB port on my desktop computer. It was really needing to be charged but I almost never got the side of the bracelet off that has the charger part on it.  That's how the other one broke. You have to pull at it from a 45 degree angle to get it out. That's what the instructions say to do. I hope this one is going to charge without breaking.

I made my bed but I still have to dress and get myself ready for the day. I plan to go down to Bartlesville to the assisted living and visit Nancy and if it isn't raining I will take her to lunch and perhaps for a drive.

Stephan texted me last night and said he would come either before he goes to work or afterward to move the dryer away from the wall so we can check out the lint situation.... since it took forever for the clothes to dry yesterday.  I suggested after his work. I will be back home by then. I don't know how big a deal moving that dryer away from the wall will be considering the plush carpet.

I will go dress and get myself ready for the day now. It's 5:16AM. 

It's 5:51AM now and I am eating my breakfast and am dressed and ready for the day. 

I checked and the watch is fully charged now. I got the bracelet back on it but it was a struggle.

I noticed when I checked the bank this morning that I have that $98.54 back in my checking account. It didn't take a week after all. 

More later...I want to check "the weather on the 8's" and the cat situation.

Both cats came to eat their breakfast but Scruff stayed longer and ate more. I think she is pregnant. She is so fat looking.

Now about the weather: Today is supposed to be 57 degrees and showers, Wednesday is to be 47 degrees and cloudy, Thursday 52 degrees and cloudy, Friday 67 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 63 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday 73 degrees and partly cloudy. So between the showers forecast and the partly cloudy week, it doesn't look too nice.

I will probably get out my jacket again today and wear it. It's chilly!

More even later...  It is 8:06AM now.

It's almost 9:30AM now and I am leaving for Bartlesville, Be back this afternoon. 

It's 4:46PM and I am just back from Nancy's. We had lunch today at McCalister's and visited all afternoon at her apartment. It is misting out and may rain again soon. 

We had a nice visit.

Later...

Leslie texted me that John's nephew had died on Sunday and the funeral is Friday at Webb and Roderick Funeral Home in Independence at 10:00AM. They will have a gathering for refreshments at our church afterward. Karan and I will go out to church at 10:00AM on Thursday to get everything ready since those who come for the refreshments will be at the church as soon as the services are over. 

Stephen, my landlord, came over around 5:30PM and pulled the dryer out away from the wall and checked out the vent that went to the outside. There was very little lint in there.  He ran my vent brush in there but there wasn't much of anything  there. It's 6:11PM now. He put the dryer back where it was supposed to be and put the lint trap back in the vent on the outside and went back to his side of the duplex.

He is also hiring a company from Neodesha to spray our apartments. He is  planning to do some weed and feed for our yards. I am looking forward to putting out some bedding plants when they come out. My bulbs are beginning to bloom now. 

I am still full from lunch and will probably just have a banana for my supper. I will read until 7:00PM and then take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and read until 9:00PM..my usual bedtime.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hope you don’t have to drive in a rain storm today.

Margie's Musings said...

Me either but I missed seeing Nancy last week because she was in the hospital with chest pains.They couldn't find anything wrong with her heart though. That had happened before. Who knows what it is.

DrumMajor said...

Sounds like Nancy is doing well in her new place. You've made it more enjoyable when you visit and take her out for an adventure.
Sounds like the dryer isn't feeling well. Hope the landlord can figure it out. Too rainy around here to hang clothes outside.
Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

I no longer have a clothesline. It's been ages since I had one. It the dryer or nothing.