Monday, March 21, 2022

Monday and Laundry

I slept well again last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I changed my bedding and am doing laundry. I just put it in the dryer. That's all I have planned for today. I probably should have charged my Kindle last night. I guess I will plug it in this morning. I usually read sometime in the day.

I heard from AVG again this morning via e-mail. They are starting my refund of nearly $100 for the AVG they charged me for. I have no idea how they got my debit card number. I never give it out online. Anything I buy from Amazon, I pay for with my Chase account...not my checking account. And I have always had the free AVG on my computers.  

I guess I will go watch the "weather on the 8's". Cox has everything on high definition now... even the single digit and double digit stations. So they have eliminated the four digits. You just get a message when you turn to a regular cable station that you have to use the single digits or double digits to log onto your programs.

It is taking forever for my dryer to dry the clothes. I hope the element isn't going bad. I will check it again the next time I do laundry the last of the week. I have had to restart it three times this morning and the towels and my pajamas are still not dry. It has never taken this long for everything to dry..I put it in the dryer at 5:00AM and it's 8:30AM now and I still don't have everything dried.

What next... 

It was 10:00AM before the clothes were dry.

I read the rest of the morning and had the last of my cheddar broccoli soup for my lunch.  It's 1:27PM now.

Rain is forecast for  this afternoon and evening...and tomorrow too ...actually thunderstorms. 

More even later..

It's 1:41PM and the thunderstorms have begun. 

My son-in-law called me about the dryer problem. He thinks the vent must be clogged somewhere along it. Otherwise, the heat would have just caused a lot of steam from the wet clothes. The rain let up some and I went out with my brush and pulled a little lint out of the outside vent but not enough to clog the vent. When Stephen comes home next door, if it's not too late, I will ask him to pull the dryer out so I can check the large vent that goes to the outside from in the inside and see if it might be full of lint. I always clean the filter on the dryer every time I use it but who knows...it could be that the vent down in there further is clogged.

Something is causing it to not dry as fast as usual, that's for sure.  

It's 7:17PM  and I have just had my bath. I will read until 9:00PM or so and then go to bed.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I think your dryer isn’t working correctly.

Suemn said...

Oh boy, it sounds like the dryer needs to be repaired:(

Margie's Musings said...

True,...and it's only two years old.

Margie's Musings said...

My son-in-law, who also reads my blog, suggested the dryer tube that vents outside might be clogged and the dryer is just heating the water in the laundry and keeping it wet. When my landlord comes over here to the duplex next to mine, I will ask him to pull it out for me so I can vacuum out the tube....if that turns out to be the problem.