Thursday, March 31, 2022

Thursday and Lunch With Suzanne

I slept well last night and was up before 5:00AM. I dressed, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will run the vacuum cleaner today over the entire apartment and mop the bare floors. That's my regular Thursday duty. 

Suzanne and I will have lunch together at the Copan Restaurant at 1:00PM. She called me last night at 9:00PM and invited me. That will be nice. Since Suzanne and Steve sold the duplex, I have seen very little of Suzanne. She spends a lot of time with her sister who was in a terrible auto accident last year. She had a head injury and has been confused every since. Now a couple of cousins, besides her brother, are helping her with that responsibility.

In just a little while I will fix my breakfast and my coffee.

I have my breakfast now and will eat it, as usual, out here in the den. Scott just texted me this morning with a message. I hadn't heard from him in awhile. Haven't heard from Keith in awhile either. I know the kids have busy, busy lives though. When Keith and Esther move to Germany, I imagine I will need to do the morning texting to let Scott or Leslie know I am fine. Esther always just texts me "Good Morning" every morning at 10:00-10:30 and expects me to text her in return within fifteen minutes or she will call Leslie.

It's 5:35AM now and in a little while I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" and the cats. Scruff came last evening and had supper. I am sure she is about to have kittens. She is so big for a small cat! I hope Blondie doesn't kill them. He is a tom cat and I understand they sometimes do that.

Only Scruff came for breakfast this morning and after she ate, she left, and I just now took the cat food back to the garage and covered it. She didn't eat as much as usual but then she came for supper last night and ate quite a bit then.

It's nearly 7:00AM and soon I will begin mopping and vacuuming.

I got the mopping and vacuuming almost finished. All but the dining room rug. I am exhausted right now. The new vacuum sweeper is very heavy and by the time I get the bedroom, halls, living room, and den done, l am exhausted and need to rest awhile before doing the dining room rug. It's 8:09AM and after I finish, I will read awhile. I charged the Kindle overnight so it is ready to use again.

I will get back to the dining room rug now. I am rested up. 

 It's 10:06AM.

I went out to Dollar General to get a few things and they didn't have any chili powder. I needed the Multi Purpose Solution I soak my contacts in and I didn't think the market would have any so I went to Dollar General. I got everything else on my list and I don't need chili powder yet anyhow so I just paid for the other stuff and came on back home. The next time I go to the market I will get that chili powder....if the have Williams...that's the only kind I ever buy. I still have one serving of the chili I made last week in the frig..I will eat that tomorrow for lunch.

It's almost 11:00AM I will go back to my book for awhile.

Suzanne picked me up at 1:00PM and we drove to Copan Restaurant where we had a very nice lunch besides splitting a piece of coconut cream pie. Then we drove up to Myrtle's Market and walked through that. Suzanne bought a couple of things. I looked around.

Later we went down to the former Baker's Pharmacy...now another shop where you can rent a booth and sell things you need to get rid of. That's what Myrtle's Market is too...a flea market..but a nice one.

Then she brought me home. She planned to go meet some of her former classmates at 4:00PM. That's one of their regular routines.

When I got home I read until I finished my latest book. I downloaded three more of them.

So, more even later..

It's 8:02PM now and I have taken my bath and put my pajamas on and will read until time to go to bed at 9:00PM.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I think texting your sons daily is a great idea. Figure out what time it is in German6 first.

Galla Creek said...

Germany

Margie's Musings said...

I will probably have to wait until they get over there and then they can work it out with the time difference.