Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

I slept well last night...only woke up once and got right back to sleep until 5:20AM.  It's 6:19AM now and I am having my breakfast. I will leave for Coffeyville at 8:30AM and my hair appointment is at 9:00AM. The wind has played havoc with my hair this week. Luckily, it's very short.

Nancy and I had a good visit yesterday.  I am sure she enjoyed it as much as I did. Next week, I am going to bring her to Caney so she can see the new businesses that are going in the Blackledge building. We did that a couple of months ago and she really enjoyed it. She also wants to go by her bank and withdraw a hundred dollars so she can have some money for when we go eat each week. Dale took her debit card and the cash she had when they put her in assisted living. Her mother's money is probably still in the Caney bank since her cousin Dale pays her utilities out of it and the cost of the assisted living. She may get another debit card too. She is not used to being completely without money or resources. Not that she needs it...

She has worn holes in her house slippers and I have three pair that are still in the plastic bags and I told her I would bring her some new ones next week.I will let her choose. We will see next week which ones she wants.  

It's 6:37AM now and I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats .

Both cats came for breakfast and Blondie just ate a little and left but Scruff stayed and ate quite a bit before she left.The side of the dish  where she ate had very little left in it. I took it back in the garage and covered it.

I left for Coffeyville at 8:40AM, got my hair done and went out to get gas at Woodshed and then went out to Walmart to check for Chai Latte. They didn't have any so I came on back home.It was raining hard in Coffeyville but the closer I got to Caney, the less rain. Maybe they got theirs earlier and it went on to Coffeyville.

I notice some of my bulbs are coming up out in the flowerbed in the back. Small bulbs like hyacinths and Tulips primarily. After it warms up more, I will go to the nursery and buy some bedding plants to fill in. 

I will go read awhile now!

About 11:30AM, I decided to go out to Sonic and buy a kid's Wacky Pack for my lunch. It is two nice sized chicken strips and french fries and a tiny Coke. It's available for $2.18 on Wednesdays and actually pretty good..certainly cheap enough. It's their Wednesday special. I've eaten it many Wednesdays over the past couple of years.

Then I came home and got back to my book

It's 1:25PM now and I am still reading. I heard a bunch of noise outside like something falling and looked out there but saw nothing there.Then I thought maybe the noise came from the garage...maybe the broom and rake fell off the hook on the wall out there. But I looked and nothing was wrong in the garage either. So it's a mystery.

I looked out in the yard and it is full of weeds. I'll be glad when it warms up and I can mow. I need to drain that old gas out of the mower but I don't know how to do that. Maybe John will come do it for me when he has some time.

Well,.... back to the book.

I finished the book and it's 6:34PM. I have one more book to read before I have to download another two or three.

In about 30 minutes I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe. I had a banana for my supper ...the last one. A banana is a good supper because it's got a lot of potassium. We all need that.

I've checked a few times but neither of the cats have come for supper. They will probably be here for breakfast tomorrow.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. I will clean the apartment tomorrow.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Margie you are a good friend. Can’t imagine how helpless Nacy feels.

Galla Creek said...

Nancy…

Margie's Musings said...

You are so right. She feels helpless. But she is probably where she needs to be considering her circumstances.

I will continue going down there on Tuesdays and take her to lunch and get her out of that place for awhile