Friday, April 1, 2022

Friday and Some Time With Leslie

I was up before 5:00AM this morning. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night after tossing and turning for a half hour, I got up and took two melatonin tablets. That did it.  I finally went right to sleep. I only woke up once in the night and I got right back to sleep. I made my bed this morning and got myself ready for the day. I am eating my breakfast now..here in the den.

It's 5:25AM now. Leslie texted me last night and asked me if I wanted to go to Bartlesville with her this morning at 9:30AM. She wants to get a pedicure and wanted to know if I wanted one too. It's been a while since I had one at Happy Feet in Coffeyville and I need to get the grown out toenail's polish off. I get them more often in Spring and Summer when I wear sandals and the toenails show. But it now costs $35.00 and I don't get them as often. I always like to go with Leslie anytime she goes anywhere. Outside of church, it's almost the only time I spend any time with her. She is so busy. 

More later...I want to catch "the weather on the 8's". It' s too early for the cats though at 5:37AM. 

I was wrong..Scruff was out there waiting for me to open the door and check to see if she was out there. No sign of Blondie though. I took Scruff's food out there and she ate awhile and left so I went out to take the food in and she popped back over to the door and ate some more. So I am leaving it out there until I am sure she's full and gone. Poor little thing is as round as she is tall.

I did catch the weather forecast. Today is supposed to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 68 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is o be 72 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday is forecast to be 59 degrees and showers, Tuesday 70 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 64 degrees and mostly cloudy, and Thursday is to be 59 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. I could live without the wind that's for sure..

Leslie picked me up at 9:30AM sharp. We first went into Bartlesville and she bought gas and later washed her car at that wonderful car wash Mr. Clean on Washington Blvd. Then we went to Hobby Lobby where she looked for an appropriate decoration for the Easter service at church. She didn't find anything religious and appropriate so we went to a Chinese restaurant nearby and had lunch. Afterward went by the US Cellular store and we got a new phone for me. The phone was free and Leslie paid the tax on it. Then we went to the nail salon but they were packed. Leslie said she would go back later.

So we came on back to Caney and stopped by Mr. G's and had a small butter pecan flurry. 

When we got to my house, I asked her if she knew how to get the old gas out of that mower. She said she would just take it to the street and dump it over and drain it that way.  In the meantime, she tried it to see if it would start even though the gas was old.  What do you know..after a few tries, it started. 

So she began to mow my yard. After a few rounds, I took it over so she could eat her flurry. In just a couple of rounds she took it back. We alternated to some degree for the rest of the front and some of the west side..at least until she got her flurry eaten. Let's face it! she did most of it! I got the trimmer and trimmed it. I was so grateful.. although I sure didn't intend for her to mow my yard. I was amazed it even started! But when it was done, it looked so much better.

After she left, I raked some leaves out of the hedge. The first nice day, I will get the leaves out of the flowerbed by my front door and out of the hedge.

I was very tired after I got that little bit done.

I checked my mail and I had my bill from the city. I wrote that check and took it up to the city's drop box.

It's 3:32PM now and I have had a big day but a nice one!

 I took a photo of my back yard flowerbed. But had a hard time copying it from my new phone. The second time it worked.

May be an image of flower and outdoors 

When the bedding plants are out, I will add more to it. 

It's 7:15PM and I just finished my bath. I have been reading most of the afternoon. Every time I try to open the games, the new phone has locked up.  Everything locks up. I can't open the camera or the gallery and certainly not the game to play solitaire. I will go back down to Bartlesville tomorrow and check with Charlie and see what the problem is. The only way to get it unfrozen is to reboot it. Also,I have had sounds like a text is coming in, but when I check, there's nothing there.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual. So I will go back to my reading until then.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I need to get my yard mowed. I’m having the mower serviced. I’ll do it soon. Mine is just weeds now.

Margie's Musings said...

Mine is just weeds now too. But it looks a lot better now that it's mowed.