Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I woke up about the same time as usual...5:00AM. I had had a good night's sleep though. I have dressed and am drinking coffee and will soon drink my Chai Latte. I have my coffee cake in the oven. It's been a long time since I have made it.  We are having breakfast at 9:00AM  before the worship service at church today at 10:00AM. Everyone is bringing something toward the breakfast. I certainly won't want lunch...that's for sure. There will be a lot of variety with the breakfast. The worship service will be one hour earlier then usual.

It's 6:24AM now. It's supposed to rain today. It's too dark to see anything now. I don't know if it rained last night.  

More later...I will check out the weather now. And the cats may be out there too.

Scruff was out there!!! She is considerably slimmer but then I have not fed her since Thursday so she may just have lost weight...not had a litter.

I will go watch her eat now. Blondie hasn't come yet. Since he sometimes eats at home, that's not surprising. 

She didn't eat long and then she was gone. I wonder if she had her kittens. She was a quite a bit slimmer. She may have had to get back to them if she did.

I won't know unless she eventually brings them with her to eat. One of the cat's litters did come with their mom one time and that's why I found one dead in the street that time.  I scooped it up with my snow shovel and buried it that time. I believe Scruff was a part of that litter.

The coffeecake is out of the oven now and cooling so that I can put a glaze on it. It cooled so l got that done.

It's almost 8:00AM now and I am going to leave for church and be sure everything is ready for the breakfast. It will take me about 30 minutes to get there.

So more even later... 

We had a great breakfast and a full house for church..thanks to Kelly's family. They filled half the congregation.

I got home at 11:00AM since we had our breakfast at 9:00AM and our worship service  at 10:00AM.  I cleaned up what I could before I left. I was having trouble with my left dry eye and needed to get some drops in it..I need to buy some Systane to eave in my car for such emergencies.  

I had a couple of pieces of coffeecake left and I will.save them for Nancy on Tuesday. I will take the cookies to Independence at 9:00AM on Tuesday and then go on to Bartlesville for my visit and lunch with Nancy after that.

 Mike gave me money this morning and asked me to buy some cookies for him and take them with me on Tuesdays. I was happy to do that. I was grateful that so many of our congregation provided cookies, It is a good thing that we are able to help the First Christian Church in Independence with their service project. Independence churches have a free meal in one of their churches every night of the week. The Baptist Church provides one meal on one evening, The Catholic church does it one night, the Presbyterian church another night and a group called the "friends" does it another night. I think that's all the churches that participate...maybe the Episcopal church does it too ...I forget. Anyhow, it is a free meal for as many as want it. The First Christian Church  used to do 200 meals every Tuesday but due to the pandemic, they are down to 55 now.  They used to have us bake cakes for their meal but now they just serve cookies for dessert....perhaps with fruit or pudding. I will have to ask on Tuesday. 

It doesn't appear we got any rain this morning...just a few sprinkles when I  took Scruff's food out to her. Maybe we will get it later on this afternoon.

I have been working on the puzzle this afternoon. It is 1:47PM now and I am tired. I may get my Kindle and read awhile. It may need charging again. I haven't been notified yet though.

More later...I will go read now. It never did rain today as was forecast all week.

It's 4:00PM now and I have been reading all afternoon. I am going out to Dollar General to see if they have any Systane out there for my dry eye. I have some in my purse but I need some in the bathroom too.

I will be back to this later.... 

I found Systane at Dollar General this evening. I also bought Mike's cookies while I was there.

I lost track of time this evening and missed the Mission Center service. I was reading. 

I just took my bath and am charging my Kindle now. I just barely got my book finished before it needed charging.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Wishing you a blessed Easter.

Margie's Musings said...

You too...I hope it's sunny where you are. It supposed to rain here.

Suemn said...

I'm so glad to hear Scruff is back. Happy Easter Margie!

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Suemn. I was afraid something had happened to her.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Happy Easter! I am so glad Scruff is on the scene again. Now your next project could be to try and get a glimpse of her to check if she is showing signs of nursing kitties now.