Saturday, April 23, 2022

Saturday and Dusting

I slept well last night after finally getting my checkbook balanced yesterday. I was up at 5:00AM as usual, got my bed made and myself ready for the day. I am eating my breakfast here in the den as usual. It is 6:05AM now.

As soon as I finish my breakfast I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" and the cats. Scruff was the only one who came for breakfast yesterday.

I will dust today. I never got to it yesterday what with the book and the puzzle.

I got in the living room and the TV on just in time to catch the weather.

Today is to be 78 degrees and thunderstorms and wind, Sunday is to be 69 degrees and showers, Monday is forecast for 67 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 70 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 75 degrees and mostly sunny,  Thursday s forecast 74 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, and Friday is to be 77 degrees and thunderstorms. Doesn't look too hopeful for the week..only two days of sunshine. Well, it is April.. and April showers is right on. It's 6:27AM now.

Scruff was the only one who came for breakfast today as well. She ate well and left so I put the cat food back in the garage and covered it.

It's 7:50AM now and I just got back from the market. I bought my and Mike's cookies for Independence's First Christian Church's dinner Tuesday evening.

I will take them all up there on Tuesday morning before I go to Bartlesville to visit Nancy and take her to lunch.

I guess I had better get the dusting done before I forget about it...again.

I got Phyllis and Karan reminded about the cookies.They both appreciated the reminder. Mike gave me money for his last week.

It's starting to rain now. It's a good thing I got to the market when they first opened..

O.K. I got the apartment dusted again. That's it until next week. And it's almost 9:00AM. Maybe I can work on the puzzle again...or read. I had to charge the Kindle again last night. But it should have a full charge again now. Maybe I can download some more books now.

I got the puzzle finished and what do you know! It was a brand new puzzle and it was missing one piece,

Oh well, I got it finished in one and a half days.

I couldn't think of a thing I wanted for lunch so I fixed myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

More even later....

Just for something to do, I went out to Myrtle's Market and looked around.Then I did the same thing at Jody's. I didn't find anything I was interested in buying...thank goodness. I will need to hold on to as much of my money as possible so I can pay my rent on time. I won't get my social security until the 10th of May next month.. It was the 13th this month. It's always the second Wednesday of the month.

The wind is blowing terribly hard and it rained this morning. It's supposed to rain tomorrow too. I dread that. I will have to drive over to Crossroads in the rain. Furthermore, Krystal is supposed to mow tomorrow afternoon and she won't be able to do that if it's pouring or even if it has just been pouring rain in the morning. Ah Spring! It's so unpredictable! It's 3:45PM now.

Krystal mowed for me this afternoon and did a great job..as usual. I trimmed until the battery went down on the trimmer. I plugged it in and later took my bath and got my pajamas on and read my Reader's Digest. I took down the puzzle too and put it away. 

At 7:20PM, I took my bath and got ready for bed. I will go on to bed at 9:00PM.It has been a busy day. 


2 comments:

Kay said...

Wow! You're getting very warm summer temperatures now.

Margie's Musings said...

True. I am happy about that but not all that happy about all the April rains.