Monday, April 18, 2022

Monday and Laundry

I slept fairly well last night...only woke up twice and even then got right back to sleep after I got up and wrote myself a reminder note...

I forgot to tell Toni, my hairdresser, that I would have to change my hair appointment for Wednesday. I will be in Overland Park for the tour and a play and buffet dinner at the New Theater there. I had checked the calendar for the next week and realized Wednesday would be the 20th...the day of the bus tour. 

I  called her at 9:00AM to see about changing my appointment. First I'll see if she can do my color and cut next Wednesday instead of this Wednesday. She's booked three weeks ahead so that may be a problem. Next week she has me down for a simple wash and blow dry. I can wash my hair myself and blow it dry but it sure doesn't look the same as when she does it.

It's 6:37AM now and I have just finished my breakfast.  I changed my bedding this morning and am washing the sheets and my pajamas and underwear. I have everything in the dryer now. 

I threw away an old pair of shoes that had seen their day this morning.  I will miss those.They were my blue Clarks. I have two pair of black Clarks, two pair of brown Clarks and now no blue shoes. I may have to go to Brown's shoe fit in Coffeyville and see if I can find some new Clarks in blue. I wear a lot of jeans and I really need some blue Clarks. I always wear Clarks because I have an old failed bunion surgery on my left foot.  I have to have a wide shoe to accommodate it.

I checked on the cat situation and neither cat is out there for breakfast. That's certainly been strange lately.

More later...I am waiting for the "weather on the 8's". They certainly missed it yesterday. It was supposed to have rained and that didn't happen at all just a few sprinkles early when I fed Scruff.

I called Toni fifteen minutes ago and explained my dilemma with my hair appointment. She was very good about it and said she would try  to work something out by switching some appointments. I didn't have much hope of that because she is always so booked up for weeks. But she called me back fifteen minutes later and offered me a time at 8:30AM on this Thursday. I took that! The only thing I have going on Thursdays is to clean my apartment and I will still have all day to get that done. I was so grateful she was willing to work something out for me.

I went out to Eggbert's and ordered the senior hamburger steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. It was very good. That was my lunch.

It's 3:08PM and I have been reading this afternoon. I just went out and watered the flowers I had planted in among the bulbs..They look pretty good! So far, so good. It's 59 degrees so far today.

I had a problem with the new bank site today. I tried to pay my cable bill and the bill pay site would not let me post a payment or a date to pay. I talked to the bank and they could find nothing wrong with the new site and suggested I log out and then log back in....that worked!!! I got the payment logged in.

... More even later....

 No photo description available. 

Another puzzle finished!! Took me two days off and on.

More later...

I see my landlord, Stephen, mowed this evening. His yard looks as good as mine now. :)

It's almost 7:00PM now and I will take my bath. Then I will read some more until 9:00 PM....my regular bedtime..



No comments: