Friday, April 22, 2022

Friday and Apartment Cleaning Today

I slept well last night after finally getting my checkbook balanced. It turned out to be simply a double entry into my checkbook. I took the second entry out and had it balanced...with only one outstanding check. That was a huge relief. I had to go back to March when I last balanced the checkbook to find it though. What a mess! I had made such a mess of my checkbook that I copied the entire month over into another register and re-subtracted the entries. That's how I finally found the double entry.

Today I will clean the apartment! Then I will have everything done except to go over my sermon for Sunday. That will be a huge relief.

It's almost 6:00AM now. In a little while I will go watch "the weather on the 8's". When it is a little later, I will check on the cats and see if either of them have come for breakfast.  I will wait until nearer 6:30AM to do that. The landlords are not here today so I will not disturb anyone's sleep raising the garage door to take it out to the front "porch"area. At one time, in the first winter, I was going to feed them in the garage but Suzanne did not want me doing that.

Only once, right after I moved here, did I try to take it out the front door and then one of those farrow cats ran into the apartment and then was terrified and made a big mess running all over the apartment. I finally had to throw an afghan over it after I cornered it in a corner to pick it up and take it back outside. I learned my lesson from that experience.

Well, Scruff was the only cat that came for breakfast. She ate fast and quite a lot. She wasn't here for dinner last night so she was quite hungry.

I did catch the weather forecast.Today is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy and windy,  Saturday is to be 80 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy. Sunday is to be 73 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 65 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is forecast to be 71 degrees and sunny and Wednesday is to be 74 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week.

 I will go watch Good Morning America now and see what is going on in our world. It's coming on at 7:00AM. I have given up on the CBS news. I don't enjoy Gail King.  For some strange reason she annoys me.

It's 9:30AM now and I have been working on my puzzle instead of my housework. I need to get to the housework so I will continue here later.

It's after 10:00AM now and I have finished the mopping and vacuuming except for the dining room and I need to rest awhile. I will have to pull the chairs out of the dining room and into the living room and kitchen to do the dining room rug and to vacuum in there.

So I'll give it about 10 minutes before I begin again and finish.

I see the wind is really blowing out there. The wind really sets my allergies off.

Alright, I got that all done. Now all I have to do is dust. After I rest again I.will get to that. 

I will read for awhile and rest up first. 

I called Lisa at the bank and told her I finally got my checkbook balanced late last night. She was glad to know that. She had spent an hour with me trying to help me find my error but it was something I needed to do myself. I was sure glad it balanced.

I couldn't decide what  to have for lunch so I went up to Mr.G's and bought a small butter pecan flurry. That will be my lunch.

Now I will get back to my book. 

I read until I was tired of reading and then I worked on the puzzle for awhile.  Then I noticed the time. It is 7:25PM and I have not yet had my bath. I will go do that now and get ready for bed. I won't go to bed until 9:00PM. That's my plan anyhow.

 



1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Wow, and now you have extra money because of the double entry.