Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Tuesday and A Very Busy Day

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. But the laptop computer was frozen this morning and I had to do a cold reboot to even get it going. Both my computers are very old and I struggle to even keep them going. Yesterday I had to do a cold reboot to the desktop computer and today it's the laptop.

I just finished my breakfast and will leave at 8:30AM to take the cookies to the First Christian Church in Independence for tonight's dinner there.Then I will go to Bartlesville to the assisted living there to visit Nancy and take her to lunch. It will be a very busy day.

It's only 5:50AM now so  I have awhile. I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats after awhile. I hope at least Scruff is there. 

And she was!! She is quite a bit slimmer..it's either because she has had a litter or because she is not eating regularly. Anyhow I am glad she came for her breakfast. She ate and left so I brought the cat food into the garage and covered it. She was evidently finished.

Then I caught the weather forecast. It was not good. Today is to be 64 degrees and showers, Wednesday is to be 74 degrees and scattered thundershowers and windy, Thursday 66 degrees and thundershowers. Friday is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Saturday is to have 80 degree weather and scattered thunderstorms and wind. Sunday is to have 61 degrees  and rain and thunderstorms, and Monday 61 degrees and showers. Lots of rain in the forecast for the week!! It's 6:26AM  now. I have awhile until I leave for Independence. ..at least two hours.

More later.. 

I just got the cat food put away and 15 minutes later, Blondie showed up. His face looked like a dog has worked it over. Poor cat! But I brought the cat food out again and he ate his fill and left. I brought it back in the garage and covered it again.

More even later..

..
About 8:30AM, I left for Independence to deliver those cookies. I got all the cookies in the kitchen there. Then I noticed one red bag had no cookies in it. I looked in it and there was a note to Leeann.  So I took the red bag back to our church and called Leeann to tell her about it. She will go by the church and check it out. It may be Johnna's. 

Then I went on down to Bartlesville to visit Nancy. We ate at Pies and Such in downtown Bartlesville. We also took a turn around Bartlesville and looked around. I would have washed my car but it was sprinkling and I didn't want to wash it and then have it rained on. I got home about 3:00PM. We had a good visit.

Sherry Epp called me just as I was coming into town. She wanted to know if I would mind sitting with a woman who was a single. I thought that would be fine. 

I will leave for Independence a little before 7:00AM tomorrow. That should get me there by 7:20AM.

More later...

When I got home, I started another puzzle and read awhile.

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and went to bed at 9:00PM. It was a very tiring day. Tomorrow will be too. 

I got to Independence in plenty of time to meet the bus. We had a fine trip up there to Overland Park and and the play was funny and the food was very good.

I got home about 7:00PM. I am exhausted and had a good time and a seat partner  that I enjoyed visiting with.

 

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

My childhood Mama Cat named Honey used to look like she needed a special bra of some kind after she had kittens. She used to get so big around before the kittens were born, that after the kittens were born she deflated and looked like she was almost dragging the ground because she had enough milk for 5 or 6 kittens. She was a long haired cat and in each litter she ever had there would be one little yellow, short haired, big eared kitten, when all of the other kittens would be pudgy faced, small eared, little puffy tailed Persian looking kittens.

I hope you get to see Scruff's kittens.

Marceline Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marceline Miller said...

Maybe you could enjoy rainy weather if you consider that the Lord is quite literally bringing us food to eat and water to drink. Maybe you could consider that you have little need to be outside in it, unless you choose to be. Maybe you could see it as a soothing, romantic backdrop to all the reading that you do. Thank you for your blog; I enjoy your daily updates.