Thursday, April 21, 2022

Thursday and a No Apartment Cleaning

I slept poorly again last night but am still feeling pretty good. I had such a good time yesterday and laughed so much at that play and enjoyed the visit with the person in the seat next to me, that I can manage to forget the problems I have encountered this week. I have decided if there's nothing I can do to change a situation, I might as well just accept that and not let it trouble me. Still it disturbed my sleep.

I will get my hair done today in Coffeyville. Toni moved my appointment from yesterday to today so I could enjoy my trip to Overland Park's New Theater comedy presentation. I really needed that.

I will leave here shortly before 8:00AM since my appointment is at 8:30AM and I have to go to the bank for money first. 

I have just finished my breakfast here in the den and set my dishes in the sink to soak. I will go check "the weather on the 8's" now and also check on the cats. It's 6:05AM and they might be out there for their breakfast.

I looked and so far...no cats.

When I get home from Coffeyville I will clean the apartment. After all, it is Thursday.

The forecast is pretty much the same as yesterday. I don't believe we had any rain yesterday and it was forecast. Now it's forecast for today too and 79 degrees, tomorrow is 84 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. Also dense fog today. Saturday 76 degrees and scattered thunderstorms and wind. Sunday's forecast is for showers and 71 degrees., Monday 66 degrees and partly cloudy and Tuesday 71 degrees and sunny. Wednesday 74 degrees and mostly sunny. Pretty dreary sounding week to me except perhaps Tuesday and Wednesday's.

Scruff finally  came for her breakfast and after she left,I put away the cat food and covered it. She ate plenty. I didn't see Blondie but I imagine his owner fed him. 

It's 7:30AM now and I am going to go on over to Coffeyville early so I can go to the bank too and take the newspapers by Karan's for the animal shelter and perhaps to Walmart for coffee and the rest of my groceries and next week's cookies for the First Christian Church.

.So, more even later....

I got my hair done and it feels so much better. I made that trip to Coffeyville at 8:30AM and then went back again later that same morning. I could not get my bank account to balance. I went back to the bank and they helped me. I found it balanced last month and took that over. I hope it works out. I never have that much of a problem.I just use the calculator on my phone. This month was a bear though. 

I ate the strawberry rhubarb pie I bought at Pies and Such in Bartlesville on Tuesday when Nancy and I went to eat out. After I ate my dinner I was too full for dessert. So I brought it home.

I went out to Walmart while I was in Coffeyville and intended to buy a few things there including bananas. But when I got out there it was pouring down rain so hard my windshield wipers couldn't take care of it. I didn't even bother to get out of the car. I would have got soaked. I came back to Caney and went to Dollar General and got what I needed. By then it wasn't raining here.

I never did get to the cleaning of the apartment. I will do it tomorrow. I have nothing else on the calendar for tomorrow.

Dean contacted me by e-mail this afternoon. He is coming the 18th,19th and 20th of May. He wants to check out his farm as usual and take me out to eat the entire time he is here. I told him Keith and Esther plan to come for a visit over the Memorial Day weekend the last of May.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and I hope to sleep better tonight. I will read until bedtime.

No comments: