Monday, April 25, 2022

Monday and a Good Night's Sleep

I had a very good night's sleep last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I made my bed and fixed my breakfast and as usual, am eating it here in the den while I blog.

I don't have a plan for today and that's probably a good thing since tomorrow will be very busy. 

I got a bill from Dr. Christensen's office on Saturday for $122.00. So another expense for a semi annual checkup and blood work.  It's always something. I haven't made my $233. annual medicare deductible yet. So not even my supplement will help. Oh well, it's only money. I'll write a check and get it in today's mail.

Today's forecast is 67 degrees and mostly sunny. Tuesday 71 degrees and sunny, Wednesdays is 75 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday's is 73 degrees  and thunderstorms, Friday's forecast is 80 degrees and thunderstorms and wind. Saturday's forecast is 76 degrees and thunderstorms, and Sunday's is 74 degrees and partly cloudy.

I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and see if the forecast for today has changed.  

The forecast for today is 67 degrees and mostly sunny...thank goodness!

So the forecast for today is still 67 degrees and mostly sunny...

So more later...I just fed Scruff so I will wait until she is finished to put my bill and check in the mailbox and put the flag up for the mailman  to pick it up.

That was quick! She ate fast and left. 

More later....

I decided it was too pretty a day to just stay home..again. My car was dirty from all the rain so I decided to go down to Bartlesville and while there, have my car washed at Mr. Clean and then go to Lowe's and see what kind of hanging baskets they had.

 After I got my car washed, The man running the car wash said I needed to go right away and get some air in that rider's side front tire. It was nearly flat. So I went to Tate Boys and they looked carefully at it and the the young man said there was a small nail in the tire. I asked if he could fix it and he said it would be about an hour. I told him I would wait inside. About 40 minutes later they called out my name and I went up to the counter to pay him. He said they did not charge for fixing tires. So it was Free!!! How nice.

Then I went out to Lowe's and they had an entire rack of white hanging geranium plants with a sign above them that said "Hanging plants $9.98 each. They were white geraniums but the price was right. I chose one and went up to pay for it. The woman at the cash register said they were $15.95. I told her about the sign and she called the supervisor. It took awhile for the supervisor to come and I had been first in line. When she told me they were $15.95, I told her about the sign. I had to take her out there to show her and she said I could have one for $12.00. I told her their sign plainly said $9.98. So she decided  she would let me have that one for $9.98.

When I got back in line, there were about seven people before me. But I waited. After all I had to go through, I was going to take that plant.

When I got back home, I hung the white geranium on the front hook. Then I went to eat lunch at Eggbert's.

But just before I did I saw that Blondie finally came to eat. He was quite a bit slimmer than formerly. I put the cat food out for him. When he left, I took the cat food back in the garage.

I really need to mop that garage but I don't own a mop. I do my mopping with a swifter and I really need to buy some more wet swifter pads too.

I guess I will go read in my latest book. It's almost 4:00PM now. It's been quite a day so far.

I went out to Sonic and bought a medium cherry limeade slush and brought it home to drink it. Then I noticed the hummingbird feeder was nearly empty so I mixed up the last of the nectar and filled it again.I haven't seen  hummingbirds drinking from it but then I haven't been home much today either. Anyhow I filled it again and hung it on the hook out back..  

I got my daughter Leslie's gifts for her birthday and got them wrapped. I am ready in plenty of time. Her birthday is July 1st but she intends to retire June 30th. She has been counting down the days for months. 

I charged my watch again yesterday evening. That has to be done every week but I just plug it into the USB port on my desktop computer. That does the job.

I pry the watch band off with a letter opener instead of bending it at a 45% angle like the instructions say to do. That what broke the original one Ginger gave me. The plug broke off in the bracelet. She replaced that one. I don't intend to bend this one like that. I just pull the bracelet slightly open and then put the letter opener in the crack and ease it off.  So far that is working fine.

It's time for the CBS evening news and I will go watch it now and get back to this later....

It's 6:00PM now and I am finished with the CBS news for the evening. 

In about an hour I will take my bath and put my Pajamas on. Then I will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.


4 comments:

Donna. W said...

We use AARP Advantage Medicare, which costs nothing in addition to Medicare, and our yearly and our yearly checkups and bloodwork are free. There is no copay to the doctor's office. Maybe in Kansas they don't have that option, though.

Galla Creek said...

Donna’s plan sounds great. I’ve been waking up at 3 in the morning and then feel bad most of the day. I hate it. Wish I could sleep like some folks do. I’m glad you finally rested well.

DrumMajor said...

My Medicare Supplement F pays those deductibles and co-pays. Supplement F is no longer enrollable, but Supplement G only has a $185 or $200+ deductible. Advantage plans are full of differences. Glad you're getting your check-ups. Linda in Kansas

Debby said...

I am surprised that Lowe's made such a big deal about the geranium. I'm not surprised that they rang up at the higher price. It seems to happen a lot. But I am also a pain about taking them right back and showing them the sign. They've always been good about honoring the price.