Saturday, April 30, 2022

Saturday and a Tornado Warning

I had a good night's sleep even with the tornado warning. 

At 12:30AM my phone went off with a tornado warning with an additional warning to take cover in an inside room without windows!  The only area I have in the apartment without windows is my coat closet in the hall so I pulled the sweeper out of there, scooted the coats over and climbed into the closet and sat on the floor.   The warning was supposed to be over at 1:00AM so I just sat there with my phone in my hand and waited. A lot of lightning and rain but no tornado so I went back to bed at shortly after 1:00AM. Better safe then sorry, I guess.

I am told by my phone that I have three voicemails but my voicemail is not set up on this new phone. It wants a pin number and a touch of the # key to do that but I have no idea what the pin number is so I will have to have help at US Cellular to set it up. I will do that Tuesday when I am at Bartlesville.

What do you know! I figured it out myself. I figured I would have used the year I was born for a pin number and evidently that was it! Amazing! I figured it out myself! :)

Now, back to my breakfast!

When it gets light outside, I will check on my flowerbeds and the new hanging plant with the geranium too and the hummingbird feeder hanging out back on a hook. With all that wind and rain they may be destroyed. 

It's 6:17AM now so I may as well turn on the TV and check the weather and the cat situation.

I haven't seen "the weather on the 8's" yet but both cats were out there for breakfast so I have fed them.

I also looked at the flowerbed out back and the flowers all appear to be fine. I haven't checked the front yet or the hanging basket. The cats are still out there eating.

They finished their breakfast and left and I brought the cat food back in the garage and covered it. Then I took the broom out and swept off the sidewalks and drives. It won't do any good as long as those seeds are falling but it looks better temporarily anyway. I also put out some fresh water for the cats.

The hanging basket and front flowerbed appear to be fine.

Leslie just called me to make sure I was alright considering last night's storm. That was good of her. 

Nancy had the receptionist down at the Assisted Living in Bartlesville call me to tell me not to come yesterday because of the storm. She didn't remember that I come on Tuesdays. ..not Fridays. I told the receptionist that and I am sure she understood Nancy's situation.

I finally did get "the weather on the 8's" and today is supposed to be sunny and 68 degrees,

More even later....Sunday is to be 77 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is 70 degrees and thunderstorms, and Tuesday is forecast to be 68 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 69 degrees and thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 69 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Friday is to be 70 degrees and partly cloudy. That's it for the next week.

I texted Stephen and Dee Anna where they would find their rent check. It's due tomorrow but I went ahead and wrote it today. I am not sure if either of them will be here tomorrow. I will be at church in the morning and Krystal will be mowing my yard tomorrow afternoon after she gets off work at the Pizza Hut. She works at the post office in Bartlesville weekdays and at the Pizza Hut here after work and on weekends. And she also mows my yard once a week. She is very industrious and does a good job.

So more even later..it's 9:14AM now. I guess I will go read.

I have been reading and I was notified that the Kindle needed charging so now I have it on the charger. That took care of reading for awhile. 

It's 10:51AM now. so more later...

I went up to Gabby's and had lunch...chicken casadias. They were very good and only cost $6.02 with iced tea. It was a lot of food but it was very good.

Later I drove up to the kid's farm up by Independence to see if John and Leslie were gone or home. It appeared they were gone. John's garage door was partly up...probably so their male Corgi, Hoover, could get into the garage near their air conditioning system.

When they are gone, they often do that. When I decided they were gone, I went on up to the Dairy Queen at Independence and bought a small blizzard.

When I came back home, I noticed the Kindle was charged again so now I will read some more, I guess. It's 3:21PM now and there's absolutely nothing on TV I am interested in watching.I read until I finished the book I had been reading. 

Then I was going to download another book but I couldn't get the Kindle to work. It's very old and I have read hundreds of books on it during the pandemic. It may be broken after all it's been through.

 

No comments: