Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday and Church

It's supposed to rain today and I kind of dread driving through a pouring rain over to Crossroads for church but I am the speaker today so I have to do it. I have to do it anyway because I will be picking up everyone's cookies for the First Christian Church's dinner on Tuesday evening. I will take the cookies up there on Tuesday morning before I go to Bartlesville to visit Nancy and take her to lunch. 

For some reason I didn't sleep as well last night. I was up before 5:00AM, dressed, made my bed, and got myself ready for the day. For one thing, my nose ran all night...my allergies really hate the Spring. I am allergic to Bermuda grass for one thing, house dust for another and two other things I can usually avoid...cigarette smoke and milk. Luckily not everyone smokes any more.  My mother and stepfather were chain smokers and so was Bob until Leslie was born. That's when he decided to quit...65 years ago. But that didn't cure my allergies. I took allergy shots for a couple of years but they didn't help  so I quit taking them after that couple of years.

.I will check out the weather now. 

It's pretty much the  same as yesterday's. Today is to be 64 degrees and thunderstorms, Monday's forecast is 66 degrees and sunny, Tuesdays is to be 69 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 74 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to have 77 degrees and thunderstorms, Friday 79 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, and Saturday 78 degrees and partly cloudy.

I have been going over my notes for today's remarks.  It has been raining but not terribly hard.  Thank goodness! It's a little after 7:00AM now. I will go over to church to be there at 10:00AM. That will give me time to empty the trash and to be sure the church is clean before the 11:00AM service. What the weather is like after church is what will determine whether I go over to Just Us for lunch. I notice it's 52 degrees right now at 7:12AM. 

I went over to Coffeyville a little earlier and went by the bank to get some more money. Then I went out to Crossroads and did some cleaning. The foyer was dirty and the carpet in the office was too.  I got the vacuum cleaner out and vacuumed. Then I swept off the walks outside.  I brought the "Peace" plaque home from the church's front door to try to clean it. It was next to the front sidewalk next to the door and was covered in mud. I had to dig it out of the mud. I tried  to clean it at the church but even with a cleaner, I couldn't get it clean so I brought it home to try to use a brush on it. If I can get it cleaned up, I will take it back to the church next week.I tried to get it clean with Barkeepers Friend and a brush but I guess it needs a wire brush. It was buried in mud. Lord only knows how long it had been there.

More later....

It's 7:18PM and I just had my bath. I hope to stay up until 9:00PM and then go on to bed.

I see the laptop computer is not online. I am having to use the desktop computer now. It wasn't online either when I first put the password in it and I had to refresh twice before it connected. I have so much trouble with the Cox signal. It does this every once in awhile.

The sermon went alright this morning but I sure wasn't comfortable with it. But I had some nice comments so I guess it was better then I thought it was going to be.


2 comments:

Kay said...

Have a wonderful week ahead, Margie.

Galla Creek said...

I wish I could hear one of your sermons. I know this would bless me.