Thursday, April 28, 2022

Thursday and No Particular Plan

I slept fairly well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I don't have anything but dusting planned since I cleaned the apartment yesterday. I may get back to my latest book. And we were forecast for AM thunderstorms today. I wonder if those will develop.  Kansas weather is so unpredictable. 

I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see if anything has changed. It's not quite 6:00AM yet. It may be too early for the cats to be out there. I will be back here after the weather comes on.

Well, I was wrong again! Both cats were there at 6:00AM so I took their food out to them and they ate their fill and left. I took the cat food back into the garage and covered it.

Now I am waiting for the weather forecast.

 So more even later... 

I just noticed...today would have been my 68th anniversary if Bob had lived. We were married April 28th 1954...at 3 minutes until midnight. He died May 24th 2010, the day before his 80th birthday.

Today's forecast is for 77 degrees and cloudy, Friday is forecast for 81 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy, Saturday is to be 77 degrees and  sunny, Sunday is to be 79 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday's forecast is for 75 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Tuesday is 71 degrees and partly cloudy, and Wednesday's forecast is for 71 degrees and scattered thunderstorms.

Hooray! I just balanced my checkbook...and it balanced!! After the last time, I was interested if it would balance this time. :)

That's the next week...

I had Avast One on my laptop computer and they wanted me to take the paid one. I wanted to get rid of it altogether. I am not paying for internet protection. There is a perfectly good Windows Defender program with Windows and even AVG would be better then Avast One. As far as I am concerned Avast One is a scam. I left it on the desktop computer because I didn't want to go through the mess of trying to get rid of it there. I had to call Cox Complete Care to get it off the laptop and he spent an hour trying to get it off...but he finally did!  

It's 10:42AM now 

I just went out to Eggbert's and had lunch. I couldn't think of anything I had in the freezer that I was interested in eating. I guess I could have gone to the Market's deli but I didn't think of that at the time.I just couldn't handle another frozen dinner and I wasn't interested in soup.

It's 2:25PM now. I guess I will go read in my latest book from Amazon.

More later...

One of my blog friends mentioned she had been reading my blog since before Bob died. I began that blog in 2008. After she said that, I did something pretty stupid, I went back to 2010 and read several pages of what we all went through while he was dying. It was traumatizing. 

We had well over 100 birthday cards for him that last week. Many of them from folks who read my blog. Then we had 40 some sympathy cards after he died. We put them all up on the walls of the all purpose room at church for his celebration of life service on June 6th of that year. I miss Bob so much. I don't think we ever get through the grief of losing someone we love and were married to for 56 years.

More even later... 

My friend, Suzanne ( and former landlady) came by just now and brought me some homemade chicken and noodles and some magazines. She is so good to me. She helps take care of her sister, Judy, who was involved in a terrible wreck a couple of years ago and had a head injury from it. 

Judy has problems with her memory now. I think she is 82 or 83. Suzanne and one brother and two cousins take turns checking on her. Up until lately, it was just Suzanne and her brother. The two cousins volunteered  several weeks ago and it has been a real blessing for Suzanne and her brother. Suzanne is very thoughtful. When she was my landlady, she often brought me food. Occasionally we would go to lunch too. But we were close friends when we worked together for Dr.Marsh. We were dental assistants. I was a chair side dental assistant but she was a lot more talented then I was. She could carve fillings like a professional...as good as Chester. 

Nowadays she is very busy with the care of her sister.

More later...I will have that chicken and noodles for my lunch tomorrow.

It's almost 9:00PM and I had my bath at 7:00PM so now I am ready to go to bed!


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I was reading your blog even before you lost your spouse. Doesn’t seem like it’s been 12 years but come May it will be. You’ve have had to adjust to several changes that were difficult. Each time you have made it through remarkably well. May God bless you.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you for your kind words!!

Margie's Musings said...

It is because of God's spirit that I have done as well as I have. And I have a lot of very supportive friends too and my kids are super great!!!