Monday, April 4, 2022

Monday and Laundry

I slept well again last night and only woke up once. Then I got right back to sleep again. I was up at 5:00AM and stripped my bed and washed the sheets. I dressed and got myself ready for the day. The sheets are in the dryer and now I am eating my breakfast here in the den.

The only plan I have for the day is to read. Or, if it's nice enough, I may clean up the little bit of leaves in the yard that the mower didn't get..along the edges of the apartment. I cleaned out the front flowerbed yesterday afternoon. I'd like to do the hedge too. It's has a mess of leaves under it. It depends on the weather. It's 5:32AM now and I will go check "the weather on the 8's" and also see if there are any cats out there waiting for their breakfast. Scruff has been coming earlier anymore.

It's almost 10:00AM and I have been reading all morning in my latest book.

I don't have any other plan for today. According to my phone it's 54 degrees out there and it has been raining.

I went up to Independence to look into buying some bedding plants. Winkleman's is only open Thursday and Friday from 9:00AM till 4:00PM and Saturday and Sunday from noon until 4:00PM. So I didn't buy any there. I stopped by the Independence Yard and Garden Center and they were open but the woman there said it may be too early for bedding pants because we have had snow on Easter before. So I will wait a little longer. 

I stopped at Big Cheese and had a mini pizza and a root beer for lunch. I am full.

David Harkin texted me to say Wednesday is Bunco at the senior center and I texted him back that I would plan to be there..I will have to go to the market to get a treat for Bunco. I need half and half also and Williams chili powder too..

I went to the Caney Market and bought what I needed. I asked them if they were going to carry bedding plants like they did last year and the clerk didn't know. She said if she heard anything about it she would let me know next time I was in.

 So more later...

I have read all the rest of the afternoon and finished that third book. It's almost 7:00PM now and time to take my bath. I plan to go to bed at  9:00 as usual. I will be going to Bartlesville tomorrow to visit Nancy and take her to lunch.

 

 


4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Laura said it might rain here. I hope if it rains it’s a rain and done so I can get outside. I hope you have a wonderful day. Your blog is the only one I can comment on. Don’t know why.

Nancy said...

I would like it if you started sharing the names of the books you are reading. Thanks!

Margie's Musings said...

I can do that. I will do a few at a time:
No Sin Unpunished
Leave No Stone
Fear No Truth
The Park of Sunset Dreams
Blue Midnight
Left to Die
A Study in Stone
Every Side of Murder
Meant To Be
The Reluctant Detective
Not Perfect
Hunt for Justice
Traded
The Last Chance Lawyer
The Unspoken
Burnout
Legacy of Love
Lost in Love'
Cause to Kill
Fair Warning
Shadow of Temptation
Bright Side of Going Dark
The Reticence
To Catch a Bad Guy
The Last Amen
Falling at First Sight

Galla Creek said...

Wow, I impressed with your reading list. Great pastime.