Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night and was only up once. I got right back to sleep and slept until 5:00AM. I was up and made my bed and dressed and getting my breakfast together by 6:16AM. I will go over to Coffeyville before I go up to church. I need to go by the bank and get some more money for the week before I go out to church. I had taken the dirty dish towels to wash after that dinner we had after the baby shower and will take those back in and put them away.

I also like to see that the church is clean before church at 11:00AM.

It's almost 6:30AM now and I need to go check on the cats and perhaps watch "the weather on the 8's" too. 

I will get back to this later.

The only cat that showed up was Scruff. Not a sign of Blondie again. She ate all she wanted and left and I put the cat food away in the garage.

It's 7:49am now and I am doing a small load of laundry now. I needed to wash my jacket, towels and underwear.. I am wearing a black cardigan sweater this morning for additional warmth.

I just put that load in the dryer. That jacket is very wet. I hope it can get dry alright. We will just have to wait and see. It's in there with my towels and underwear. I may have to hang it on a hanger in the shower to dry..over the rod there.

I watched the ABC news...same old,  same old, news. Lots of violence everywhere it seems.

More later...

What do you know! That soaking wet white jacket of mine got completely dry! It dripped water when I put it in the dryer. The towels were dry too. And, of course, the underwear was too. I always put that in those little mesh bags I get at Dollar General. So I put it all away. It's 8:45AM now, and around 9:30AM I will leave for Coffeyville to go to the bank.... then on to the church.

When I got to Coffeyville, the drive in you go to withdraw money from your account was down...for the third time. I had to drive nearly to town to withdraw the  money for the next week from another machine. I got what I needed and then went on out to the church. I put away the dishtowels I had laundered and did some minor cleanup before John and Leslie came. 

We had a small crowd but Leslie's service was very good. It was the communion service and she was very well prepared.  We were missing Mike and Laura but Mike was working out of town and Laura doesn't come without him. Billie Jo wasn't there either and neither was Johnna or the Stevenson family. Otherwise, everyone else was there.

Rick, Carmen, Becky, Karan, Phyllis, and I went over to"Just  Us" for lunch. We had a very good lunch! I drove Phyllis and Karan back to the church where they picked up their cars and  drove back to Coffeyville. I then went on back to Caney.

I have read on the blogs and posted on my own ever since. I have played a game on the computer and solitaire on the new phone.

It is 4:20PM now..almost time for the news... and 60 Minutes at 6:00PM. I will record that. My Kindle is still charging or I would go back to the latest book I have started. At 6:00PM, I will try to get on Zoom to watch the Mission Center church service. Sometimes It's almost impossible to get Lora to let me in even though I have the correct password. She is evidently very busy and distracted.

It's 7:02PM now and I have watched the Mission Center worship service and now it's time for my bath. And I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So glad your dryer is not on the blink.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too! I was delighted!!