Monday, May 30, 2022

Monday and a Visit to Nancy

I slept pretty well last night. I was up only once in the night and I got right back to sleep afterwards. I got around pretty quickly when I did get up, dressed and got myself ready for the day. Later this morning I will go down to see Nancy.

I am having my breakfast here in the den, as usual.

In a little bit, I will go check out the weather and the cats. Later I will try to get into the bank site again. It was down all day yesterday. I wanted to check my balance but the site was down. I tried a couple of times but it was Sunday and no one was there to get it fixed. 

Back later...

Scruff got here for breakfast first.I fed her and she ate until she was full and then left. I put the food back in the garage and covered it. Then later, Blondie came and wanted to eat so I brought out the cat food again and he ate his fill and left. Again I put away the food and covered it.

Then, I finally caught "the weather on the 8's" and we are to have 85 degrees and partly cloudy and windy today. 84 degrees and thunderstorms tomorrow, Wednesday is to be 71 degrees and scattered thunderstorms,Thursday is to be 75 degrees and clouds PM and sun, Friday is to be 77 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday 77 degrees and thunderstorms, and Sunday 79 degrees and AM thunderstorms. Not generally good weather. Lots of rain!

I went up to the Caney Market and bought half and half and bottles of water. I stopped by the post office to buy stamps but I forgot  they were closed for the holiday. Maybe I can get some at Walmart in Bartlesville when I go visit Nancy later this morning.

So, more even later...It's only 8:36AM right now.

I left about 9:30AM for Bartlesville to visit with Nancy. I stopped at Walmart and bought stamps.Then I went on to Nancy's place. I got there about 10:30AM and she was still in her nightgown and robe. I stayed until 12:45AM and then left to go wash my car at Mr. Clean and clean it up. 

David was in town but he had gone to Caney to hear his cousin, Dale,  speak at the Memorial Day service at the cemetery in Caney. He was there visiting with his mom yesterday and would be back to see her again this afternoon.

Then I went out to Lowe's and bought a basket of flowers for $8.88. When I got home, I hung them on the hook in the back yard.

Now I will fix myself a shaved ham sandwich. I am hungry. That shaved ham is very good, especially on whole wheat bread. I think I will go out to Sonic afterward and get a medium cherry limeade slush. They always hit the spot. After that, I will read again.

More later..

I went out to Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush and then I went to Dollar General and bought birthday cards. I have several birthdays coming up. Two of my granddaughters, Christina, November 26th  and Sara, June 2nd. My sons, Keith, August 3rd,  Leslie's husband, John, September 14th,  Keith's wife, Esther, November 14th and Scott, November 29th, and Scott's wife, Ginger, December 5th, and all in the next few months. My daughter has a birthday July 1st, but I am prepared for hers. On June 30th she will be retiring.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and got my pajamas on and robe. Then I went out back and watered that new plant I got at Lowe's this afternoon.

I put a small load of laundry in the washer and it is now in the dryer. It's mostly towels and my underwear. When it is dry I will fold the towels and put away the underwear,  

I notice I have a crick in my back so I took an Aleve in hopes  it won't be hurting when I go to bed. I imagine I walked around downtown too much on Thursday with the kids.

I will read awhile and then I plan to go to bed around 9:00PM.


 

No comments: