Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sunday and Church

I was up as usual at 5:00AM. I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I found Scruff waiting for me to bring her breakfast and I took it out to her. When she finished eating, I brought her bowl back in the garage and covered it.

I waited for the weather forecast and thought I had taken a photo of it but evidently the camera on my phone didn't work so I did not get it.

I have had my breakfast, coffee and Chai Latte. I ate it in the living room this time so I would not miss the weather forecast.That didn't work either since I didn't get a photo of it after all.

I tried again just now to get "the weather on the 8's"and the camera is not working. This phone has been just one problem after another. Tomorrow when I go down to Bartlesville to see Nancy, I will drop by the US Cellular store and  have them check it out.

Oh wait! Tomorrow is Memorial Day. They may be closed. Oh Well!

I rebooted the phone and the camera appears to be working now. Maybe I can catch the weather again in six minutes at 7:38AM. I will see.

I finally got the weather forecast. Today the forecast is for 88 degrees and  partly cloudy and windy, Monday 85 degrees and windy, Tuesday 85 degrees and thunderstorms,Wednesday 72 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Thursday 73 degrees and showers, Friday 77 degrees and partly cloudy and Saturday 77 degrees and scattered thunderstorms.

More rain it looks like! I don't know when Krystal can mow. Monday or Friday will be our best chances to mow. The rest of the week is rain.

My cousin's widower is to call me this afternoon and take me to lunch. His daughter, Tricia, is with him. They come back to decorate graves every Memorial Day and he usually visits me then too.

I guess I'll go over my notes for today's sermon.

Well that's done. 

I am not delighted with it but I didn't choose the theme. The theme is "Receive Blessing". There's not a lot to say about that theme.

We had a very small congregation today thanks to the holiday. The message went just fine though. I got home about 12:20PM. My cousin's widower and their daughter, Tricia, will be contacting me to go to lunch sometime this afternoon. And Krystal will be coming about 3:00PM to mow. The wind has dried the lawn. 

I had a new battery put in the car. I searched everywhere for the code that lets me set the clock and I finally found it. So I reset the clock and now I have radio too. I am so relieved.

My clock and radio were not working since I had a new battery put in day before yesterday. 

Everett called me and asked me to meet him and Tricia at Eggbert's for lunch. We had a good lunch and a good visit. Then they went back to Coffeyville to decorate graves there.

More later...

I was reading and I heard the mower. Krystal had come while I was reading and mowed the back yard. She came around and emptied the bag and that's when I noticed she had mowed the back yard and was starting on the west side. Then she did the front and I paid her. It looks real nice now. I ran out of string in my trimmer and for the first time, I had to fix it with a new roll of string myself. I got it done and finished the trimming. It looks nice again. It's 4:17PM now.

More even later.....I am going back to my book for awhile.

First I went out and swept off the drive and door mat. Then I went to the back yard and did the same thing...I also swept off Stephen's back yard mat.

More later...now back to my book. It's 4:39PM now.

I sent letters and bulletins out to those of the congregation who were not at church today.

It's 7:10PM now and I will take my bath, put my pajamas on and my robe. I plan to read until 9:00PM when I will go to bed.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

The clean, fresh lawn always makes me feel so good. It’s just refreshing to get it all trimmed and looking neat.