Thursday, June 2, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well last night and didn't wake up once. I was up and dressed and ready for the day by 5:00AM as usual. I am having my breakfast here in the den as I usually do. It is 5:31AM now and in a little bit I will go try to catch the weather forecast. If it rained last night I didn't hear it.

This is Thursday morning and as is my usual schedule, I will clean the apartment later this morning.

I don't believe Stephen and Dee Anna are in the apartment next door. At least I didn't see their car last evening. I haven't looked out this morning. I don't even have the blinds open yet.

So more later...

When I opened the front door, both cats were out there wanting their breakfasts so I took the food out to them. Blondie quickly ate and left but Scruff is still out there eating.  I imagine Blondie has already eaten at home. I am Scruff''s only source of food so she is still eating out there. Although I believe she just left so I will go take in the cat food in a minute. 

I did catch the weather forecast. Today is to be 77 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 78 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 81 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Monday  is to be 82 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Tuesday's forecast is for 78 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, and Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and AM thunderstorms. It appears today and Friday are the only days in a week without a forecast for thunderstorms. If that all works out, we will be sick and tired of rain.

Back later... 

I did take the the cat food back to the garage and covered it after Scruff left.

It's only 6:38AM. so I am not ready to start cleaning yet. I will wait about 30 to 45 minutes.

It's 7:50AM and I got the floors mopped and all the carpet vacuumed except the dining  room rug. Before I do that, I will rest awhile. I am winded.

More later... 

I finished the vacuuming and put the vacuum away. Now all I have to do is dust. I will do that tomorrow. I have nothing planned for tomorrow.

I called Cox because my check to them has not yet cleared the bank and I sent it off on May 25th. The woman I talked to said the US post office was the worst way to send anything. I told her about getting my Cox bill lowered and that I had cancelled the old payment and the bank's payment center would not let me put the new amount in so I had called Cox and asked for their billing address and the man I talked to gave it to me. I sent the check with my account number on it and I sent it to the address he gave me. The woman I talked to today at Cox said I had a grace period so not to worry about it. I had the correct address to send it to. I do not like to be late with any bill. That reminds me..I need to put my rent check where I usually do.

More even later.... 

I went out to Eggbert's for lunch and had their senior hamburger steak with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans and a hot roll. 

I read for awhile after I got home and then decided to trim the hedge and clean up after it. That was quite a job but it looks a lot better. I even pulled weeds back of the hedge. It took me the better part of an hour to do all that. I swept up the clippings as well as pulling the weeds behind the hedge. It looks pretty good now considering I used the manual hedge clippers.

I am really sweaty now . It's just a little after 5:00PM and I will wait until 7:00PM to take my bath, put my pajamas on and my robe. At 5:30PM I will try to watch the news again or I will read again if it's the same old news.

So more even later... 

Sure enough it's the same old news. The latest is that yesterday a man still suffering pain after a back surgery last week and mad at the surgeon, broke into Tulsa's St.Frances hospital and killed 4 people including the doctor who did his surgery last week.

The USA is full of nuts. No other country in the world has mass shootings like the USA any more. Now there have been over 215 so far this year....and this is only June.

No comments: