Saturday, June 4, 2022

Saturday and Trimming

I slept well again last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM and got myself ready for the day.  I am eating my breakfast here in the den as usual. After awhile I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see if anything has changed. I am so glad I got the mowing done yesterday. I had to do it in spells but at least I got it done. I will also check on the cats. They did make it for supper last night but they are usually pretty hungry in the mornings.

The past couple of mornings when I have used the microwave for my oatmeal, the old thing continues to beep after I take the oatmeal out. I had to slam the door several times to make it stop. This morning I just slammed the door once good and that took care of that annoyance. It's a very cheap appliance.

I will go check the weather now. It's 5:52AM. So more later... 

Both cats were out there waiting for their breakfast. I fed them and they are still eating. After they finally finished I put the cat food in the garage and covered it.

I brought the laptop in the living room. It's another couple of minutes until the weather comes on again. I will try to post it here after it shows on TV.  Still no weather on the 8's. They seem to be skipping it this morning.

They finally showed it at 6:28AM. 

Today 78 degrees and afternoon thunderstorms, Sunday 84 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday 89 degrees and partly cloudy,  Tuesday 82 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Wednesday 79 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Thursday 80 degrees and AM showers, Friday 70 degrees and afternoon thunderstorms.

Still lots of rain.  More later...

I got the trimming finished and swept up the mess. Everything looks neat now.

It's 8:39AM ... 

I read most of the afternoon and then went out to Dollar General and bought a flat iron to iron my bangs

Then I went back to my reading until almost 8:00PM when finished the book and downloaded three more. I took my bath after that.  I will read some more until around 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

 

2 comments:

Summer said...

You might try hitting the cancel button on the microwave to stop the beeping.

Kay said...

I need to get a good night's sleep badly. And Hawaii could use some of your rain.