Friday, June 10, 2022

Friday and Rain Again

I slept pretty well last night and was only up once in the night. Thunder woke me up and I waited for it to begin raining. I got up about 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. 

I am having my breakfast here in the den. I don't look for the cats to be out there for their breakfast if it's raining. I will check in a little while. First I want to finish my breakfast. All I had at lunch  time was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I couldn't face another frozen meal. Peanut butter has plenty of protein in it. 

I guess I will go turn on the weather and check on the cats.I just finished my breakfast.

It took me awhile to get the weather but Scruff was out there waiting for her breakfast. I took it out to her and she ate awhile and left. When I went out to take it in, she came back and wanted more so I left it out there and she ate some more. About the time I thought she was finished, Blondie came over too so he ate and she joined him and ate even more.

About the time they both filled up and left, I took the food in the garage and covered it and the weather came on so I grabbed my phone and took a picture of the forecast.

Today is to be 85 degrees and cloudy,  Saturday is to be 91 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 98 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday 95 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 91 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 90 degrees and partly cloudy, and Thursday 77 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, 

At least we will have a few days without rain and Krystal can mow Sunday afternoon or evening.

I have been watching the CBS news. 

I see there has been a first case of Monkey Pox identified in Oklahoma...Tulsa, I think they said. Always something going on in Oklahoma.

More later 

 May be an image of flower and nature 

More lilies blooming this morning! Still more to go too.

Keith called this afternoon to tell  me he bad ordered me a new microwave oven...it is 1,000 watts and should be here on Monday according to Amazon.

That is very nice of him.The one I have is 750 watts and I always have to cook most frozen dinners a little longer since they usually call for a microwave with more wattage then I have.

Leslie called me this afternoon to ask if I wanted to go with her Sunday after church to take the little girls to Junior Camp for the week. I asked Krystal if she could mow a different day than Sunday afternoon. She suggested this afternoon so I gassed up the mower and cleaned it up a bit and told her that would be good. I checked and the grass was dry. It has been very hot today. She came right over and got it done. I wanted to go with Leslie after church on Sunday to take the little girls to camp. That took care of my dilemma. 

It is 4:27PM now and I am charging the trimmer again. I got most of it done before the battery went down again. I have a little along the curb in front and the back yard next to the fence. I will get that finished as soon as the battery is charged.

I went to the Caney Market and bought a chicken meal from their Deli. It was very good but I saved half of it for tomorrow. It was way too much food for me for one meal.

I went out back and watered the flowers and picked off the dead blooms. The battery is still charging so it may be awhile  before I get that finished. It's 4:39PM now. It won't hurt my feelings if it's this evening before it's charged. It's 86 degrees out there but it feels much hotter. No longer than I was out there, it was still very hot.

More later...

Keith and Esther  leave for Rome tomorrow. They will be gone two weeks. Esther is very excited to be seeing all the historic places in Rome...the Vatican and every thing else.

I got the trimmer charged and took it out to finish the trimming job. It is 6:25PM now and I am glad that is finished. It is really hot out there...88 degrees here now. and very humid.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and read until bedtime at 9:00PM or so. I am really tired now.

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

There will lots of places to see in Rome. Keith saw your need and responded.